Friend or foe?

I am in no way affiliated with the writers, producers or authors of the book series 'The Vampire Diaries' and am aware that the story line of acting Characters from the books and the TV series differs.

Chapter 2

-Mystic Falls; 1864(October)-

"Oh, look who still dares to step into this house!"

Stephan's low voice rang in a scoffing manner and bounced loudly through the hallway of the Salvatore boarding house. The wooden front door shut close loudly behind the slender silhouette of the older brother. Tiptoeing through the huge hall, he stumbled towards the stairs, little did he know, that Stephan had already rushed across the living room to catch a glimpse of his brother.Damon took a deep breath, let fresh air clear mind and thoughts and turned around to glance at his brother's face, creased with anger and concern.

"Dismiss yourself, Stephan!"

Parting crimson brims, his words elicited in a jerky and heavy manner and seemed to float around in the air before being formed into an actual sentence. Disgust, as well as disrespect was written across Stephan's features and let hazel hues glisten in anger and wilderness.

"That's not a question of dismissal, but of a minimum number of human comprehension!"

Anger settled upon Damon's expressions to crease finely chiselled features, forming a grimace of pain and ache.. And he could feel the adrenaline well up in the back of his throat, heat strike upon his thoughts to explode inside his eyes, Icy mirrors of his scattered in anger and guilt and shattered into glaring pieces of broken memories. His face grimaced in grief, features dampening with sadness and discontentment as if superior powers had casted a cloud over Damon's expressions. His hands clinched onto the banister's post and let his knuckles stick out a few shades lighter than his regular skin tone. White-ish petals parted in temper to let words of anger and tension barrel from his tongue:

"I've been a part of Katherine's wicked games, just as you have. It's not my fault it took the end it had to. She used me, used us and utmost used you!-As a toy to play around and carefully string together the events, this results from!"

The sound of her name let Stephan flinch in ache, knives pressed against his skin to knock ever stream of air out of his chest. He swallowed hard, shook his head in an helpless attempt to let the upcoming images fade from his mind.

"I swear to you, Damon Francesco Salvatore... "

His voice, heavy and breathless ringed from anger and blind pain and brushed into Damon's mind, bounced from temple to temple and settled down to burn into his thoughts.

",...I will make your life a living hell for what you've done!"

Damon failed in silence, let slender hands glide off the slippery surface of the banister and blinked multiple times in order to hold back his tears. The familiar eyes of his younger brother were fixed on his, glittering with anger, gleaming in pain and suffering, yet radiated coolness and cruelty that dug deeper, reaching the depths of his broken soul. Cobalt hues, framed by a curtain of tar black lashes, averted in guilt. Damon turned to leave, shoulders sank in low courage, features lovely and sad, just as smouldering orbs which spilled over. Stephan entangled slender fingers, released his fists and extended his hands not in relief, but slight guilt.

"Leave, Damon!"

He commanded gloomily, a thousand rain clouds pouring to ring his voice in sadness.

"Run as fast as you can!"

Damon headed towards the door, opened it and stumbled outside jerkily. Crimson shaded lips parted in bitterness as timid words escaped from them: