All seemed well

As Persephone laid asleep, her husband had been sorting his priorities. To have Persephone for a Queen, a happy Queen that would be willing to do her job, was an investment. So, to give her a little place where she'd feel at home was important. Hades had spent a lot of time telling his servants what to do. They were working on a huge garden, a garden filled with flowers of the prettiest kinds. But as soon as Hades wished to check upon the progress of this gesture, the flowers fell down, the color and life leaving as the leafs were dry, brown and broke as soon as you tried touching it.

Persephone had already wondered what her husband was doing and had been shadowing him all day. She smiled at how much he cares for this gesture towards her. Walking into the garden she saw the dead flowers. Silently she laid a hand on Hades' shoulder. "Don't think about it dying. Why must you picture everything dead?" The sweet tone in her voice masked the true meaning of what she said. "Persephone, what brings--" Persephone walked past him, sitting on the marble edge of a fountain. She gently tapped the empty spot next to her, allowing her kidnapper to sit next to her. Her pale, elegant fingers braided around a flower, plucking it from the ground. She smiled slightly at the mere thought of it living and within seconds it's purple and yellow had returned. "See?" She said, a victorious grin on those rosy lips of hers. "Yes, but you're-" Persephone raised her eyebrows, one hand lightly pushing away his hair so that she could shove the flower behind his ear. She giggled at the sight of it, and Hades smiled at her small moment of happiness. All seemed to be well. Persephone's happiness let all the flowers bloom, like it made Hades bloom. After all, life can't be without death. But death can't be without life.