Introduction

This is not a One Direction fan fiction. Roger that. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT OR SHARE! I hope like it. :) Have a nice day x

So here I am sitting on the golden sand of West Palm Beach, making my very own sandcastle alone. I can smell the scent of salty sea water as the waves inhale and exhales. The sun kissed my skin, warm and delicate. It's 15th of January here in Australia which means summer ends in about two months or less.

I'm Elizabeth Cook though I'm a terrible cook. Yup, my classmates love making jokes out of it but I'm okay because it's true. The last time I cooked, it was three years back. I was in the kitchen learning to cook stir-friend vegetables for dinner and I almost burned the entire kitchen.

By the way, I'm turning twenty in a week and I graduated from Kennedy High School two years ago. Of course, I miss Chicago and my family. My dad is American born Australian but I was raised there, in Chicago in a simple, big, white bungalow just right next to a beach. That's why I spend most of my time here at West Palm Beach. It makes me feel like home but there's nothing like home.

My dad owns a wine company in Chicago after my grandfather. My dad's an expert in tasting fine quality berries just like my grandfather. My dad's a busy CEO so he spends most of his time in his office but I know that he really loves us.

Family business is progressing since my grandfather's retirement and he had moved to Grantham, Queensland aka Sunshine State in Australia with grandma. It's about 10 kilometers from my apartment. It's a pretty, small town. I'd probably spend my older days just like my grandparents in a town like Grantham.

My beautiful mother's a journalist, a talented cook and our doctor. I grew up with my brother, Jeremy. I was never popular in school. Just a normal cheerleader who gets no attention from the opposite gender. I've neck-length, blonde hair, blue eyes and quite "fun sized" just like my mother. I'm shy and I love making people laugh. Jeremy's two years older than me, a football player in Kennedy High School, he's popular unlike me and he's such a pain in the ass. He's got three exes in high school while I never even had a boyfriend. Jeremy's currently studying law in the University of Chicago.

Kyung Hana is my best friend and she's Korean. I'd listen to Imagine Dragons while she'd listen to Big Bang. Her family moved to Chicago when she was five years young though she never wanted to tell me why. Perhaps she loves to arouse my curiosity. I met Hana in middle school. On the weekends, Hana would come over to my house for tea or a sleepover when we were young.

"It's time to wake up sleeping beauty." Maria said in a gentle voice as she pushed the window wide open. She's a maid my parents hired from Philippines. She had worked for us for nearly six years.

"I'm still tired please get out of my room." I was half awake.

"You don't want to be late for school, do you?" Maria insisted.

I was a pampered child. I had a pleasant childhood. I never did the laundries or dishes, Maria had to wake me up every morning, Maria had to make up my bed every morning, Maria had to prepare my lunchbox and Maria had to wash my shoes. I liked Maria a lot, she was really helpful.

But I still feel like there's something missing. Incomplete.