2

"Expecting us? but how could you even know we existed?"

"Ignisian..." Polleo placed his hand on his daughters taught arm as she pushed forward towards the looming being standing in front of them.

"I just want to know how we could travel thousands of miles to a planet none of us even knew existed and this creature seems like he already has a plan for us."

"Ignisian you must calm yourself."

Nox seemed to watch in amusement as Igni's eyes blazed in his direction, her sight locked on his every move while she took a step closer to Polleo. "But father someone just blew up our planet and we land here only to find that this presumptuous alien here seems to have been expecting us, aren't you curious as to why?"

Acer leaned down to lift Dissi from its silent post in the corner, releasing a weak glow from the creature that instantly drew Nox's gaze. The dark features instantly registered his interest and he came upon Acer and the creature so suddenly Acer nearly dropped Dissi back onto the cold steel.

Acer watches as Nox stared intently at Dissi, his nose just inches from the creatures sunken face. "This is the reason you knew to come then."

The travelers stood still as they watched Dissi's colorful reaction to the curious Nox, his mantled head tilted as he inspected the beaten surface of the machi. Her face remained disinterested despite the array of lights that seemed to beam in response to the stares.

"Fascinating, better status then the previous one but still quite abused I see. I wonder if this one belonged to the hierarchy as well?"

Polleo stepped forward as Acer and Ignisian struggled through their confusion. "I don't believe that this one was from the higher homes."

"What leads you to believe that...uh... Polleo is it?"

"Yes, you see..."

"Of the Illeon tribal planet I believe?"

Polleo lifted his head higher in response. "Yes."

Nox pulled his gaze from the machi for a moment to acknowledge Polleo's status. "And I can see by the respect you demand that you must be it's leader then?"

"I am."

Nox leaned into Dissi and took a long moment of silence, staring hard into the creatures eyes. "But your planet is no more."

"Now how would you know that?" Igni shook off Acer's attempt to squeeze her cuff.

"Dissimulo informed me. He also informed me that you are the tribal warrior leader Ignisian."

Igni's eyes darkened with distrust. "and how would that thing even know that, it has only been with us less then a day."

"Your father, Polleo, told him."

"Incredible."

"How is that possible?" Igni watched as her father sat across from the creature in fascination.

"The machi's have been programmed to read our minds and to share information, no doubt to provide those within the dome with instant gratification with minimal effort. These creatures are devised for the elite and thus must be able to premeditate their owners every want."

"Sounds like a thankless job."

Acer walked towards Nox as he described the creature that had only previously been spoken of in fairy tales. He knew reasonably he should share Igni's doubt but the creature had somehow made a connection with him and he was curious as to why.