Story

"When I was a teenager I loved football. I would practice every night so I would get good at it. So I joined a club. It was a cool club, it had all the fancy jerseys and mouth guards as per usual. And I thought that this was the club for me. I had been training for almost 10 weeks solid ready to play for this club. I was hoping that they would pick me to play the first week. But that didn't happen. I asked one of the other players if he had played footy before, he answered with: nah I'm just going to wing it. Then he walked off. I knew that I was better then them. I mean not meaning to gloat but it was obvious. But the board of people who chose the players didn't put me on the games at all because all of the kids that they put on had connections with them. But not me. I didn't know anyone. After almost two months of solid practice, of me pushing myself to my limit, they still hadn't asked me to play on the weekend. Then a member of the board walked up to me". "Hey your on this week, we don't have enough players so you better come" he said and walked off.

"I thought to myself : I have been coming here for two months and they haven't put me on. Their only going to put me on this week because they don't have enough players, not on my own merit. Even my coach suggested to the board that I play but the board refused. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder and told him of what I thought of their system. He looked shocked".

"And you know what I did then Sapphire?"

"What did you do dad?"

"I went fishing".