4. pt2

"Again, why are you here, Gavin? You said what you had to say earlier and I'm going to respect your wishes." I say softly, trying to calm my nerves.

I must admit, I was a little nervous. Maybe it was because I was expecting Gavin to avoid me for the rest of his life and not be knocking at my door.

"Answer my question." He growled, stepping up to me.

"I spent the day off campus." I glared up at him as he hovered me. "Now answer mine."

"Why?" He asked, ignoring my question once again.

To get away from you, you idiot.

"Just to get a break from classes today. Everything is becoming overwhelming." I say casually, lying through me teeth. "Now answer my fucking question."

"I-I, goddammit!" He slammed his fist into the wall closest to us, causing me to jump in fright. His chest heaved with anger and I immediately felt the need to comfort him.

Ignoring the nosey people that started to surround us, I placed my hand on his chest and took a step closer so that we were chest to chest.

"Hey, hey." I say soothingly. "We will talk inside my dorm and I'll  listen to what you have to say. Just calm down first, okay?" He nodded stiffly and took a few deep breaths.

I waited until he inhaled and exhaled ten times before speaking up again.

"Are you stable enough now?" I peeked at him through my thick lashes and flinch back when his hard brown eyes stared intensely at me.

"Yes I'm fine." He grumbled as his eyes flickered to my hand on his chest.

"I'm sorry." I say quickly as I snatched my hand away.

The last time I touched him, he snapped and I'm not trying to hear his rage again.

"It's fine." He mumbled and I looked up at him shocked.

What changed from this morning to now? He is so bipolar!

"Seriously, I don't want you going hulk on me," I glared at him. "Again."

"I'm not." He frowned, his forehead wrinkled.

"Okay then follow me." I glanced at him for a few more moments before stepping aside him. Sliding my key out my back pocket, I unlocked my door and walked in placing my key on my dresser.

Turning around I see Gavin still standing at the door, looking at my room from corner to corner.

"You can come in." I assured as the sides of my mouth twitched up into a smile. He coughed awkwardly but nevertheless did as I said and shut the door behind him.

Instantly I felt the air thicken around us, almost suffocating. We stared at each other for long periods of time before his stare was too intense for me to handle, forcing me look away.

"So," I dragged out, looking everywhere but him. "There was something you wanted to talk about?"

"Earlier," he stopped, trying to come up with what to say causing me to look down.

"Yeah." I say sourly causing him to sigh loudly.

"It's hard for me, Amelia." He rubbed his big hands roughly over his face.