The writer (a one take short story)

Leonard Honnorfield is a well-known writer. He has brown hair with blue eyes. He is already 35 years old yet he still has the agility he had whenever he plays basketball during his teenage years.   He has written dozens of novels and has been awarded a Nobel prize for three times. His writings became better when he met Mary Conners. She works as an editor in a newspaper company. Her flowing reddish-brown hair,  brown eyes, and kind attitude captivated Leonard until he fell in love with her. His love for Mary made his writings 5 times better than his usual writings and awarded 5 times in a row! Then, he got married to Mary and his writings got 10 times better and he has been awarded 10 times in a row! Mary had been his inspiration in his writings, until one day.......  

                    Leonard is going to celebrate their first anniversary and he wants it to be special. He contacted his friends to help him out. He wants her first anniversary with her perfect, just like how she's perfect. So he then texted her to come home after her work and he waited for her outside their house while he is holding a bunch of flowers. 

                   Jane was surprised when she came home to see her husband holding a bunch of flowers. She didn't expect anything on their first anniversary. All she wanted is to be with her husband forever. She felt that this is the best day of her life.  

                   She ran toward her husband, she was so happy she did'nt notice a speeding car coming her way. Leonard shouted, "STOP!!", then he ran to save his wife. All others came to stop him then....

CRASH!!!   

                   Leonard woke in a hospital. All his friends are in the same room. He then remembered the accident then sprung up, "My wife!!" His friends stopped him, "Where's my wife!!" he repeated. "Leo, please listen", One of his friends tried to calm him down and explain what happened. "Your wife didn't make it...... She's dead". "No" He said in disbelief. "YOUR LYING!!"  he shouted. "SHE'S ALIVE! SHE'S SAFE!"  His friends tried to keep him on his bed to rest. He then started crying. She cannot believe that their anniversary would become his wife's death anniversary. 

                     After this incident, Leonard stopped writing novels for 3 months. He lost his inspiration then he found no reason to continue writing. His supporters continued supporting him but then they slowly disappeared. His friends stopped supporting him financially, but he didn't care. What's the point of writing without her?, he thought, what is the point of living as well? All that's left to me are my old novels, the ones made by the old me. I am nothing like the old me,  I can never be the old me without her. The old me is dead, I am but a remnant of his life, I shouldn't live any more.....     

                       He then went to the beach, it isn't crowded today since it's winter and it's too cold. This is the same place where he met her. He was suffering writer's block that time then she came to help me. She didn't know what she did, but she was very inspiring to him that he got out of his writer's block. But now I can never get out of this writer's block, he thought, I am forever trapped without her. I'd rather die. He then walked towards the water attempting to drown himself when something caught his attention.

                      He saw a paper being blown by the wind. He caught it and he saw something's written in the paper. It was a story, he read it and found out that it was a sad story but it's still good. "Hey!" A young boy said at my back, "your holding my paper, Give it back!". "Oh" Leonard said, "I'm sorry" he then gave him the paper then asked "Did you write that story?". "Yes" the boy said shyly, "is it good?". "Yes" Leonard said, "You're good at writing stories, you can be a writer someday". "Oh that's good" The boy said happily, "I thought I can't write as good as I was before".  

"What do you mean?"

"My parents just died last week" Leonard suddenly felt sorry for the kid.

"I'm sorry"

"No it's OK at least now I know that I can still write"  

"what do you mean?" We then walked around as we talked. "For the last few days I can't write because I miss my parents. They're like, uh, what's the word?"

"Inspiration" 

"Oh yes! Inspiration! They're like my inspiration whenever I write stories. When they died, I thought I could never write again since I can't write without them because you know, they're my inspiration. But one day I remembered what my dad usually says whenever I feel down, 'You can't rewrite something that has already been written, you'll always have to pick up another piece of paper and write another one '. I don't know what it means but I sat down and took some paper and a ball-pen, It took me for a while then, it came. It hit me so hard, I nearly scribbled my words in excitement."   

                          Leonard then was inspired with the boy. He understood what his father meant. "you can rewrite what is written". You can't cry for something that is already done, you can't stay down on the ground after you have fallen, you'll always have to stand up and move on.

                          "Uh mister I need to go now" The boy said then he ran away. Leonard was then too stunned to talk. The boy was right, he thought while walking back home.  

                           While at home, he lied down his bed. He feels very exhausted. "you can't rewrite what is already written" He repeated in his mind. Then he sat down on his chair and pulled out his laptop.  He had already tried this a couple of times but no idea came to him, but I still need to get up, he thought. "You can't rewrite what is written" He whispered to himself with his eyes closed. The times he was with Mary, both happy and sad, came rushing forth like a fountain whose water is long kept under the surface. "You'll always have to pick up another piece of paper and write another one". Then it hit him, His eyes opened in surprise. His arms reacted on its own and starts typing the story, the best one he had ever made.    

 ***************************************************************************************************************

E/N

        It's not that good but I was bored and I want to practice and hone my writing skills (if I ever had one).