Chapter 34- Going home

Amber's P.O.V.-

For three days she would wake up just long enough to really make sure Ethan was really there. He hadn't left her side once. That first night, she wanted to tell him why she had left, she knew he had questions, but she hadn't been able to think straight and had only been able to stay awake long enough for him to tell her what had happened.

She lowered her hand to the little bump on her stomach. She felt foolish now. She had ran for no reason. But at the time she didn't know that. As she rubbed her hand over the little bump she thought back to the morning she told her dad more then she had told anyone else.

Flashback:

Evan had his arms around her, holding her tight as she cried into his chest. She was overwhelmed with what she had done. She couldn't believe she had actually married Ethan. The night they had shared had been amazing. He had been so gentle, but she could feel the desire he was holding back, so he wouldn't rush her. He had asked several times if she was sure she was ready. She had to finally take it into her own hands. She had kissed him with everything she had in her. The love, desire, need, but mostly love. She didn't know what she was doing, but Ethan got the message she was trying to tell him. It finally broke something in him. He was still gentle with her, but it was no longer slow and he stopped asking questions.

Right before he had fallen asleep he said, “I love you, Amber.” Before she could answer him, his eye's closed and he was out. She thought she would have fallen asleep with him, she had been so relaxed and happy. But then she started thinking. Yes she did love him too, but she hadn't told him. She hadn't told him one thing he should have known before marrying her. That had scared her. Trying to talk herself out of running, she had laid in his arms for almost an hour. But she knew she couldn't give him the one thing that this silent but loving man deserved. The one thing he cherished above all. That was a family.

Amber cried harder into Evan's chest. She wanted to stay and be Ethan's wife. She wanted it more then anything else she had ever wanted in her life. She wanted it more then she ever wanted out of her old life. Coming in close second was she didn't want to give up her new life.

She wanted to be able to run into Lucca in the kitchen cooking and argue with him over going clothes shopping. She hated clothes shopping but since Lucca was their resident shopper, he bought all of their clothes, along with every thing else they needed.

She wanted to spend Sunday's playing video games with Micca as had become their habit. With Jenni watching and trying to distract Micca so Amber could win.

She wanted to stay so she could spend hours talking to Jenni about what they planned to do with the art gallery once Jenni took it over. Or just to sit and talk to Jenni in the middle of the night when neither of them could sleep. Jenni was the sister she didn't have and Amber didn't want to leave her.

She wanted to be able to go have coffee or hot chocolate with Nick when something was bothering her. She could always talk to him and he would listen.

She wanted to be able to get in her car or get on the back of Ethan's bike and come visit her Dad when ever the mood hit her. Which happened a lot over the past year.

She wanted to have family dinner's on Sunday following her and Micca's video game wars.

But most of all she wanted to cuddle up every night in Ethan's arms falling into a peaceful sleep, waking up still wrapped in his arms, to be able to run to him when she was having a bad day, feel her heart race just at the thought of him. To smile when he called or text her. To be able to kiss him when ever she wanted. To hold his hand just because she could. To feel him walk up behind her and hug her from behind, kiss her neck, and tell her that she looked beautiful. She wanted to stay so she could feel and do all those things and so much more.