Life goes on 19

One year later, after I had told Andrew I never wanted to see him again, I was back in my parent's house, where I kept on having good memories of the past with my parents and Sarah. Uncle Richard had tried to sell this house but found no interested buyer.

Angel was a year old now. She was a very gentle and caring girl. She cried only when she was hungry or when her diapers were wet. I discovered her interest for animals and got her a toy dog. We go to the zoo every Saturdays just to have fun. Angel was the centre of sunshine and happiness for me. With Angel, nothing else mattered at all. Not even the past.

Sarah and Philips married six months ago, a month after Matthew, their bouncing baby boy came into this world, and continued staying in Alvin' house after I left. I never saw Andrew after that day, but I heard that he was now staying in his new house that he bought two months ago, not far from his office. From what I heard, he was now financially okay.

I still missed Andrew, but I was still afraid of telling him the truth. I also knew that I couldn't run away from him forever, but I would continue avoiding him until fate bring us together.

One summer day however, when I was in the sitting room preparing to leave home for an interview when I heard a knock at the door. At first I thought it was Sarah, but I didn't remember Sarah telling me about paying me a visit. I wondered who was at the door as I walked towards it.

What if it was Andrew?

The sudden thought made me stop and look at the door in anticipation. Though I had told Andrew not to come looking for me, yet I couldn't stop expecting to see him at the door one day.

Now, as I took slow and unsteady steps forward, I thanked God Angel had gone to her nanny's house to spend the day until I returned home. I was afraid to see the admiration in his eyes when he saw his child. Andrew's child. The thought alone made me the happiest woman on earth.

Immediately I twisted the door knob and pulled the door open, I stopped dead, my eyes going very wide when I lifted my head and saw who was at the door.

"Miss me?" Uncle Richard said with a wicked and satisfied smile on his more matured and old face.

* * * * *

I stood up straight and glared at him defensively. Though I was surprised and scared to find him at my doorway, yet I stood with enough courage. I was going to tell him to leave my property while I bang the door to his face. I would quickly call the police in case he breaks the door or do anything stupid.

Why had they released him from the psychiatric hospital without my concept? If I had known that he had left the hospital, I would have been ready for him because I knew he would come here.

"I want you to leave my property before I call the police, old man." I said in a stern and matured tone. "The Farah you knew is dead remember? The dead Farah is totally different from this one and a little advice to you, mister." I lent forward and said. "If you love your life very much, then you will leave immediately." I stood up straight and frowned deeply at him, expecting him to leave immediately.

Uncle Richard burst into laughter. He laughed so hard until he held his stomach and gasped for breath. "Oh my." He said through gasps. "Wow, you've truly changed, Farah. God, you are right. I think this Farah is a bit strict and more matured, but that doesn't change the fact that I still love both Farah." Uncle Richard's face became sober as he looked down at me. "You've truly changed into a more matured woman, just the way I've always imagined you to be. I can imagine what you are putting on underneath your cloth." He sighed. "I'm so lucky to have you, my angel." He said in all seriousness. For a moment, I couldn't speak. I stood there with my mouth agape. He swallowed from the passion in his eyes as he took in my dressing. I was putting on a strapless mini gown that barely reached my knees.