Chapter 2

Alfie ran into the living room where Zoe and Darcy were sat snuggling up on the sofa watching Elf, "I'm so sorry my little one, I'm needed over at my office, will you be okay?"
"We will be fine, go and do what you have to do, see you when you get back, love you"
"Okay. Call me if you need anything, love you" they smiled at each other as Alfie picked up his black cap ready to go. He walked out the door after kissing Zoe on the cheek and waving goodbye to Darcy.

When the movie finished Zoe helped Darcy get into her snowflake covered pyjamas ready for a story. Because Darcy was tired Zoe carried her down the stairs to select a book to read, at this moment a sudden faint feeling took over Zoe, her feet began to move slower and her brain felt foggy, her vision began to blur and then suddenly everything went black.

"Zoe...Zoe, are you okay, please wake up, I've called an ambulance, Zoe. Omg Darcy, Zoe please wake up!"
Slowly Zoe's eyes opened and she began to sit up into Alfie's arms. "What happened?" Alfie asked, her was now stroking Zoe's hair whilst holding Darcy in his other hand.
"I..I can't really remember, we were just going to get a book, wait DARCY! Where is she, is she okay?"
" you landed on her zo, she isn't responding, I have called an ambulance but for now everyone needs to stay calm."
"Omg what have I done, Louise will hate me if anything bad happens to Darcy."
A very loud knock on the door frightened Zoe as she shook in Alfie's arms, he looked at her and kissed her cheek then stood up to let the paramedics in. Darcy was instantly taken to the ambulance to be checked whilst another paramedic stayed with Zoe.
"Would you like some help getting into the ambulance?"
"No, no I'm fine honestly, I don't need to go in an ambulance, we just need Darcy to be checked."
"Are you sure, your partner said you were unconscious when he phoned"
"I'm sure, I'm absolutely fine, just take Darcy and Alfie and I will drive to the hospital to see her"
"Ok, Darcy is allowed someone to go with her in the ambulance if you would like to accompany her?" Zoe looked at Alfie and he nodded then helped her onto her feet before guiding her to the ambulance.