Chapter 29

Josh pov

"You guys go hop into bed alright" i said trying to hide how worried i was "okay. Love you daddy" Jessie and Jack hugged me. "Love you guys too" i kissed their heads then they went up stairs to their rooms. "Where could they be?" Miranda mumbled to herself as she paced "their probably fine. At a movie maybe" i said trying to stay positive. "Was that a car door" Miranda rushed to the front window "Daniel Matthew Ramsay where the hell have you been" Miranda hit Dan in the back of the head with her hand making his shaggy hair fly up. "I was at Jackie's" he shrugged "wheres your sister then? Was she following behind you?" I asked "Kayla? No. She came to Jackie's house around 12 then left cause i was there..." He said "why did she leave?" Miranda asked "cause she got mad at Jackie and I" he stated "now why would she get mad" i raised my eyebrow and took a step towards him "she found out me and Jackie are sorta.... Together" he sighed. Miranda shook her head as she left the doorway and walked to the kitchen. "Go to your room" i said angrily "wait. Kayla's not home?" Dan asked "no, she's not." I stated and went after Miranda. She was sitting at the table with her head in her hands. I went and sat beside her "she's okay. She knows how to take care of herself" i rubbed Miranda's back. "She could be hurt" Miranda mumbled "she's strong, just like her mother" i said. Miranda lifted her head. "Why can't kids have microchips like animals do" she gave a sad chuckle. "Her phone" i said as i opened the laptop. I went to the website we used whenever we found out Dan skipped school. I typed in her number and waited for the page to load. "Well, she's still in town" i said as the page zoomed "at a hotel?" Miranda looked at the page confused "i'll go get her." Miranda stood up "you stay here. Someone needs to watch the kids" i said and stood up "why can't you watch the kids?" Miranda asked "cause i would end up yelling at Dan" i stated and grabbed my keys off the island "fine. Just bring her home" Miranda sighed and walked to me "i will." I kissed her "i'll be back soon" i said.

"Hi, my daughter checked in to this hotel earlier today, would i be able to get her room number?" i asked when i got to the front desk "whats her name?" The person behind the desk asked "Kayla Ramsay" i stated, he started typing "room 321" he said "thank you" i said then headed for the elevator. Once i got to the third floor i started counting the rooms. "315,317,319,321" i stopped in front of the room. I knocked and made sure i was out of the line of sight for the peep hole. "Hello?" I heard Kayla say as the door opened. I took a step into view "dad? What are you doing here" she questioned "i came looking for you, your mother and i were worried" i said as she motioned for me to go into the hotel room. "Well I'm here and I'm safe" she shrugged "why are you here?" I asked "everyones so busy and i was getting in the way, so i thought id come stay here for a few day. Stay out of everyones way while i try and find an apartment" she stated "your not in anyones way Kayla. And really? An apartment? Your only 17" i said "I'm almost 18 dad" she sighed "okay. But still, you don't need to move out." I stated. We sat in silence for a few minutes "did you know Dan has been keeping a secret from me for who knows how long" she hung her head "he's been keeping it from me and your mom too" i chuckled "so you found out about him and Jackie?" She asked "him and Jackie? What! I thought you meant the whole 'not a virgin' thing. Wait him and Jackie? How is that possible? Their so out of each others league" i tried to keep a straight face "so he did tell you" Kayla smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder "yeah when he got home before i came to get you" i wrapped my arm around her shoulder "at leased he told you, i had to find out... He was sitting in her coat closet with out a shirt on." She cringed at the thought. I chuckled. "Lets get home" i stood up "can't i stay here?" Kayla looked up at me "only if you want your mom to kill me, she wants me to bring you home" i held a hand out for her. She took it and stood up.