Love Heals the Blind

Prologue:

Darkness. It was all that Brielle Sinclair knew.

It started when she was five. At first, it began with glasses. Enormous ones, that dwarfed her face and got her mocked all through elementary school. She used to cry about them, until her mother went out and bought stickers and sequins, and afterwards, her glasses were the envy of the school. And then there were the headaches, the ones that caused her to shut out the world and forced her to lie in a darkened room for hours on end. Her parents strictly believed it was because of her rising addiction to the television, but even when the cable was disconnected, there was no end to the seemingly random pains that attacked her often.

Her glasses got thicker and thicker as her health dwindled. By the time she was in middle school, her vision was bordered with black shadows.

Now, her parents started to worry, but their busy lives stopped them from getting the help that Brielle so desperately needed. 

One day, just weeks after Brielle's twelfth birthday, she woke to nothing.

Black.

Darkness.

Her world was consumed by shadows. There was no warning, nothing that led up to this disaster that would soon take over her life.

Panicked beyond belief, she stumbled out of bed, smacking her shins against the nightstand but she didn't care. A frantic wail came out of her lips, her arms swinging blindly, her hands fumbling for something, anything.

Her parents ran into the room, alarmed by her screaming and crying. When they heard what had happened, she was rushed to the emergency room. 

There, she was given instructions to visit optometrist after optometrist, but not a single person could treat her sudden loss of sight. They only thing they told them was that they should have come earlier, when her eyesight had begun to fail. Perhaps then they could have saved her. But now it was too late. There was nothing they could do.

No, now she was subject to a life devoid of any light.

And when the light disappeared, so did her joy. Her exuberance for life faded as did her vision and slowly, none of the original Brielle remained.

The girl that had such a passion for life had left an empty shell behind. No one could reach her, not her parents, not her friends. She switched schools, far from her old school, so the sight of her old friends wouldn't cause her to think about her previous life. 

High school started and her life tumbled downhill. It was only during her junior year when things started to change.

It certainly wasn't easy, but her saviour came in the form of a boy. A boy she would learn to never forget.

***********************************************************************************************************

A/N: Hi! This is my very first novel on Wattpad, so I hope you enjoyed the prologue! Please, please watch out for the second part, I promise it'll get a lot more exciting. But anyway, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!