High School Traumas Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I

was running down the play ground, tears streaking down my face. Why was I crying? Simple. My best friend, Danielle, from Primary school just turned into the biggest backstabber in High school. There she was. With her new friends in the playground. Doing OUR dance to OUR music not noticing I was right there.

To make it worse she flicked her long brown hair and said "Eleanor is the weirdest, geekiest person in the world." After saying she did 'imitations' of me and gagged with laughter.

I ran past the group, sprinted past my new friends, and bolted to the bathroom. I was followed by Helen - a friend from my old school that hangs out with Danielle --- which was followed by Danielle herself. I skipped the line and ran into the only vacant cubicle there was. Helen was trying to coax me to come out of the cubicle and talk to Danielle.

"No," I managed to cough back," I'll never talk to that fucking backstabber again!"

I broke down sobbing. How could she do this to me? So much for a clean start.

I stayed there for what felt like hours. Then, the bell rang. I hiccoughed and unwillingly unlocked the door. I ran past Danielle -who had stayed there for all this time-and made my way to the science block. This science lesson was the slowest science lesson ever. I usually loved science doing all the awesome experiments, but this class was so boring I thought I would die because I was - what you would call - preoccupied. It was the same in History.

I thought in High School you get friends that love you as much as they love their family. This all felt like a huge lie, a scam, the biggest con in the country.

Danielle looked like a runway model. She was an average height. Beautiful features. She was tanned enough to make her skin look like it was glowing. She had warm brown eyes that were becoming amber. This usually helped her become one of the popular girls.

Helen was my height, -which is average for our age- and had short, black hair that was always in a ponytail. Helen was just about as nice as anyone could get. She was very religious and was great all round.

Then the sound I was dreading the most. The bell. I had to catch the same bus as Danielle and her friends. The bus is always so crowded I'd probably have to sit near her.

My worst night mare came true, except worse. I had to sit NEXT to her.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath. Awkward. I sat for about 5 minutes and while I pressed the 'STOP' button, Danielle tried again to apologise and explain.

"I'm really sorry," She said sadly, "They make me say that sort of stuff they threatened to throw me out of the group." Now it was obvious she was bluffing.

"Be careful Danielle," I advised "You wouldn't want to lose anymore friends."

"Please forgive me"

"Not until you prove to me that you can be a friend to me. Which will probably be never seeing as you would never be friends with a geek," I said with as much venom as I could muster, emphasing 'geek'.

With that I got up and made my way to the front. After I got off the bus I ran home and collapsed on my bed. That was when I let the misery have me. I drowned myself in tears.

When I came back to the real world I realised it was morning. Then I found it was 10 o'clock.

"Mum, why didn't you wake me up! Now I am going to be late for school." I screamed.

"You're not going to school today honey, I want you to stay at home. You only went to sleep at 6 this morning." My mum replied which I greeted with a sigh. I went straight back to sleep after that completely at bliss promising I would never complain about mum again.

PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 2