The Time Spent There

Chapter 4

The Time Spent There

__________________________

Summer passed, kids were taught how to read, write, and do mathematics. Whenever the 25 specific kids and I went to class, Mari always monitored our learning skills. she always said something like,

"They need to get smarter." or like,

"Is this type of education help with the special education?"

What does that supposed to mean?

Also every night before bed, she and her attendants always gives us medications that I never took. Seemed that the kids who took them either went to sleep, go hyper, or ...

Anyways my new friend is 134. Tall, blonde and good looking, he caught the eyes of many people. Leaving me alone which I don't mind. He wasn't bad, he just likes to talk a lot, about everything. Which wasn't pretty bad, since I don't really care. 134 was always filling up my empty space whenever new kids talk to us.

One cheerful day, when I was reading a book outside on a tree branch, 134 brought a new friend.

"Hey, R!"

"Yeah?" I looked up. It was 134.

"Look!" he pulled a girl around 5-6 behind him.

"Erm?" I glanced at her.

"Her name is 143!" he introduced her to me, "and this is R!"

"Hi." she fluttered her fingers. She had brownish hair that looked feathery and the lightest brown eyes that I have ever seen. She was also small, because of malnutrition I think, who knows?

"Hello." I said with no enthusiasm.

"Aww... come on R! Say hello like a nice person already!"

"Um..."

"Say it!"

"Haah.... Hello and welcome to our..." I paused, no this isn't my home. "The house!" I finished.

"Much better.." 134 grinned.

"So what did you bring 143 here for?" I asked.

"So we can play tag!"

"Haah...." I rubbed my temple. "Fine."

So 134 showed 143 how to play tag, "It's really simple, the trees are bases, so if you are exhausted, just touch them and rest for awhile." he pointed the trees in the yard. "The rules are that if someone is 'it', then the person must tag or touch the other players, then the player has to be 'it'. If the player are always on a tree and you are 'it', then you can say 'one two three get out of my apple tree.' the players will have to leave."

"Um ok." 143 looked unsure.

"Just start playing and then you'll get it." I told her.

We started playing and 143 seemed really excited and happy. Soon, other kids started to join then game. Children were running around, and it was crazy at the yard.

I couldn't stand the craziness, so I went to the library and sat on a comfy armchair to finish my book. For hours I read until...

BLAM!

"Un!" I jolted.

*Haf haf* "Why did you go?" 134 panted and 143 arrived.

"I couldn't stand the craziness in the yard." I replied.

"Aww... You shoulda played with us!"

"Yeah, you should." Piped up 143.

"Besides," 134 took my book, "what are you reading?"

I leaned back on my armchair, "Read the cover then."

"The Study of the Human Anatomy."

"Yes."

"What the... why!?"

"I don't know. So far, my favorite chapter is about vital organs." I looked up at them, they had faces of disbelief.

"Um...." Said 143.

"What!?" I looked at them.

"That's too overboard, for a kid like you."said 134. 143 nodded slowly.

*haah* "I'm weird alright?" I shook my head.

134 shook his head,"Have fun with us! Its for the best! You're still a kid!!"they dragged me out from the library.

Ha ha, no wonder you guys are my best friends.