Chapter 2.

Jakob's P.O.V...

I placed my chin on the palm of my hand, watching Mr. Rudenbourge drown me in a wave of boredom as he paced the front of the room. How could Chantry stay awake while this man's monotone voice pulled you in and never let go?

My eyes trailed from Mr. Rudenbourge, standing at the front of the classroom hands behind his back and his eyes falling on each student but me as he continued talking about the Pythagorean Theorum, to Chantry who had her eyes glued to her notebook.

Her dark black hair fell from her low side ponytail in a soft stream, her full lips were pulled back as her teeth bit down on her bottom lip, her eyebrows were pulled into a concentrated stare as her pen ran across the notebook paper.

Shifting in my seat my cheek fell on my crossed arms resting on top of the desk top, staring at Chantry I couldn't help feel the smile that spread across my lips. It was fun being with my master, she was the best master I could ever ask for.

Thinking about her brought back memories from the past. The first day we met, I was just a pup while she was a mere toddler, her parents had found me in their garage hiding in a bin of newspapers while a thunder storm was out, Chantry begged to keep me.

From that day on I never left Chantry's side, and soon Chantry and her parents found out I could turn into a human boy when I wanted to make something for Chantry for her 4th birthday, but couldn't in dog form.

At that moment her parents were weary and unsure of letting me alone in a room with their daughter, knowing that their dog could now turn into a boy and possible "take advantage" of their little girl.

But after many hours of begging and promising that I would only be her friend and protect her, they finally realized that I only wished to care and protect her, and allowed me to hang around Chantry like before.

My dog friends from around the neighborhood had been telling me from the start, that I had what they called "feelings of love" for Chantry, but that couldn't possibly happen, I mean she was my MASTER.

"Mister Michaels! Are you paying attention at all!? First you and Miss O'Dell arrive 20 minutes before class ends and you both don't even attempt to participate or pay attention!"

Mr. Rudenbourge stood in front of my desk watching both Chantry and I's reaction, so I smiled at him hoping he'd cool off and continue with his boring method of teaching a.k.a. lecturing us til no end.

Chantry's P.O.V...

Jakob smiled at Mr. Rudenbourge, which was the most stupidest move anyone could do after they were caught NOT doing something math related in his class, I slapped my forehead letting out a low groan as Jakob continued with his smiling act.

"You think this is funny Mister Michaels? Well, to add on to your comedy act how about a detention this Saturday, how's that for a joke?"

Mr. Rudenbourge crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, watching Jakob process the words that went through one ear, but apparently they went back out the other because he CONTINUED to grin like an idiot.

I couldn't help but laugh, hiding the grin I had on behind my hand I chuckled to myself, I honestly need to teach Jakob some more things about his people skills.

"Miss O'Dell don't think I can't see you laughing behind me, you too will be earning detentioon this Saturday as well. Now, before I run out of detention slips, shall we finish today's lesson class?"

"Yes sir, Mr. Rudenbourge."

The class mumbled in unison, I on the other hand glared at the back of his balding head and thought of as many uh-oh words as I could remember, while Jakob stared at me with a puppy-like grin.

The bell soon trilled and each student, excluding Jakob and I, ran out the door and filing into the halls mixing and melding into their own little groups.

Jakob and I though, were standing in front of Mr. Rudenbourge's desk watching him scrawl out in red pen onto our Saturday detention slips, why was it always US who got the detentions in his class!?