20

Sakura waited on the other side of the door, listening to Hinata tell her what the genin were doing. The test was set to begin in twenty minutes and right now she was catching up with all her old friends. Hinata had volunteered to keep an eye on the kiddies while they talked.

Sakura had requested an all female team of proctors for her test, something that was sure to throw the chuunin hopefuls off guard. Kunoichis were notorious for having chips on their shoulders or for having something to prove and being in a room with someone who had the title Sannin was sure to put pressure on those in attendance. The Oto genin were sweating it out, further raising suspicion of them.

Ino was chatting away idly with TenTen as Sakura half-heartedly listened. She really wished Naruto was there at the moment, but you can't have everything you want in life.

"They're starting to get kind of jumpy Sakura. Our genin more than any. They don't know what's in store for them here."

"That's fine. Let them stew. It makes the test all the more difficult when your mind is stewing and wondering about what's going to happen."

Hinata nodded and kept her Byakugan on, watching the youngsters closely.

"So...how does it feel to be back in Konoha?"

"It's alright. Being on the road for a year really made me miss home."

Hinata raised an eyebrow and grinned.

"Did you even have an apartment to come home to? Or did you move back in with your parents for the moment?"

"Hell no. I'm living with Naruto."

Silence...and then Ino's voice broke it like glass.

"WHAT! You're living with Naruto?"

"Mmmhmmm. It's pretty cool. He keeps everything clean."

"You're living with Namikaze Naruto? What's he like?"

Sakura stared hard at her friend and her mouth formed into an 'o'.

"Oooohh...that's right. You were away when Naruto came back from his trip the first time with the swords. You still haven't seen him. He's the procotor for the third exam."

Ino flipped her hair out of the way and gave Sakura a curios look.

"Seriously? Wow, who'd have thought? Sooo...what's he like?"

"He's sweet, caring, thoughtful...exactly how he used to be, except grown up."

"No no no no no. I mean...how does he look?"

Sakura put her finger to her chin in a thoughtful pose, causing Hinata to giggle. Teasing Ino was a pastime when she wanted to know about someone of the male persuasion.

"I don't know how to describe him. He's taller than me, has blonde hair, whisker marks on his cheeks..."

Ino growled and crossed her arms.

"That's not what I mean and you know it. Is he hot?"

"Naruto was always attractive, wasn't he Hinata?"

The girl nodded vigourously. She might be with Kiba now (happily by the way) but she always thought Naruto was handsome.

"Pffft...whatever. I bet he's still butt-ugly. Probably still short too."

When Sakura and Hinata both began to laugh, Ino grew angry.

"What the hell's so funny?"

"Nothing piggy, nothing. Let's go inside now. I think we've made them wait long enough."