Chapter 1

I made a Tumblr account for this fic- whoami-doctorwho .tumblr .com (take out the spaces of course!) It'll be kind of like Laura's diary, where pictures of their adventures are posted, kind of like spoilers for the next chapter and it'll let you know when I've updated too!

Thanks for reading! Please vote/comment!

~~~~

"Two pounds fifty, please." I spoke, smiling at the man in front of me.

He dug into the pockets of his jeans and pulled out some coins. "Two pounds... ten, twenty, twenty, fifty!" He looked up and smiled back at me as he passed over the money.

"Thank you." I opened the till and dropped the coins into the right place. I'd moved to Leadworth almost three weeks ago. I'd driven through the small village on my way to the place I'd originally planned to go. It was lucky that the local bed and breakfast had room for me, because if I was completely honest, this was the place I needed to be. Country air, and plenty of old people to share stories with. Last week, I'd managed to get a job in the post office and I had a feeling that I'd be able to stay here for a while.

"I haven't seen you before.. New here?" The man spoke again.

I nodded. "Yes, I moved here a few weeks back."

"Thought so." He smiled. "I'm Rory."

"Laura." I told him another one of my fake names.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." I pushed the till shut, flicked my chocolate brown hair over my shoulder and leaned against the counter. "I think you're the youngest person I've met yet!"

He chuckled. "You clearly haven't met Amy..."

"Is that your girlfriend?"

He nodded, a large smile spread across his face. "Yeah!"

"Aw."

"Do you have many friends here? If you'd like, I could arrange something with Amy.. Get a few friends over, introduce you to a few mates?"

I nodded. "That would be great. I'm going to be here most days, you'll be able to find me."

"Good.. Right well, I'll be off."

"See you soon, Rory."

He smiled and walked away. I watched him go, then sat down on the stall behind me. The post office was rarely busy, only the odd few people wanting to buy stamps, or send packages to family that live outside the village... In fact it was rather boring. Although it paid decently and was probably one of the only jobs I would find here.

~~~~

A couple of hours later, my lunch break started and I grabbed my coat and bag and headed back towards the Bed and Breakfast. As I stepped out of the post office, I glanced up at the sky... It looked strange, the sun was being covered by something dark... Like a total eclipse. It freaked me out a little, although I wasn't sure why. I shook my head and decided to cut across the village green, weaving through the people that had stopped to take photos.

I wasn't very far across the green when I spotted the man from this morning. Unlike everyone else, he wasn't taking photos of the sky; he was focused on a man walking his dog. "Rory?"

He quickly glanced over his shoulder at me, then back at the man. "Laura, this is so craz-"

Suddenly, a dark haired man ran across the green with a redhead in a police uniform following behind, and grabbed Rory's phone. I looked at the man, his trousers and shirt were ripped, and his hair was messy. I took a small step back in shock and looked at Rory's surprised face.