Letter One

Dearest love of my life,

     Lately I've found myself reminiscing, not just the big things, but everything we've shared. I'm cherishing every memory. Today was the first day we didn't talk. We have spoken everyday that we've been together up until now.

     Remember when we met? I could never forget it. The first day of classes were hectic and I rushed through the corridor trying not to get squished. My stack of heavy books was piled up to my chin, swaying like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, just begging to be knocked over. A sudden rush of students swiped my feet out from under me and I came toppling over.

"Watch where you're walking, idiots." an unfamiliar, velvety voice rang out. My head shot up only to see a tall boy gathering my books. You easily picked the newly stacked set of textbooks and handed them to me.

"You okay?" You flashed a crooked smile, revealing two deep dimples. You looked down at me with green eyes and one chocolate brown curl hanging in front of your forehead. I thought you were adorable from day one.

I cracked a small smile, "Uh, yeah thanks,". Gosh, I sounded like the biggest idiot ever. God knows what you saw in me.

     Not speaking today is really taking its toll on me. I would give anything to hear one of your stupid jokes and hear you laugh. Your jokes were always the worst. You would laugh at the joke and I'd laugh along because your smile is contagious. You throw your head back, your eyes close and you giggle adorably until you are doubled over with stomach pains. You always hate it when I call you adorable. You said I might as well take your man card right then and there. I wonder if you ever realized how incredibly perfect you are. The perfect balance of maturity and silliness.

     Remember that one day we were with your family? Your hand rested on my thigh while we gathered around watching a Packers game.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Your words had a way of melting my insides and making my brain feel mushy. No matter how many times I heard it, it gave me endless butterflies. Your warm breath in my ear as you whispered sent chills through me.

"Geeze. Young people these days. You haven't even been alive long enough to know what love is." Your grandpa was always spouting off every thought in his head. He received a high five and multiple chuckles from your family. I felt my face get hot but you gave my thigh a reassuring squeeze.

"If I didn't love her I wouldn't make her endure this heinous family time," You sarcastically bark back, earning yourself a couple laughs, "and I sure wouldn't do this in front of you." You finish your sentence by pulling me onto your lap. You brushed the stray hair out of my face and kissed me chaste right on the lips. The women in the room gasped and the men egged us on. You hugged me close for the rest of the game. Classic family time.

     Today was especially hard because they had to put you under. They said the pain would be too unbearable. I don't know how long you'll be gone but I would take all of your pain if you could be conscious and with me right now. Praying for you to come back to me soon.

I'll Love You Endlessly, xx