Memoirs of a Teenage Vampire Queen-Chapter 17

-------------------------------------------------------

Trey's POV

2 weeks since Christine left and a day or two (or three) before her 18th birthday

-----------------------------------

I'd spent the last two hours, trying not to think about her, only to guess what.

Think of her.

Frustrated I shook my head and got up briefly gazing out the window at the court yard. Dark majestic rain clouds hung over head, yet there was no rain, and a low rumble floated on the air. These were perfect conditions for a Vampire to be outside. I zipped my way outside and sat on the edge of the fountain, closing my eyes and listening to the gentle flow of the water as it ran into the biggest bowl at the bottom.

As I sat, reflecting on well, my life, something in me twisted mournfully. My eyes snapped open and I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I punched the buttons until I saw the date on the calendar. An immediate sadness dropped into the pit of my stomach and I sat down on the curb trying to ground my dizzy head. My emotions swept over me and an overwhelming need to cry swept over my body. I had forgotten the significance of the date, I'd been so wrapped up in Christine, and now that I'd realized what day it was, my eyes flooded and I melted onto the sidewalk, my ego aside.

-----------------------------------------------------

Christines POV

---------------------------------------------

He sat on the curb, his elbows on his knees, his head in his hands, his aura as grey as the stormy clouds above, his heart softened, and is eyes secretly dripping tears. This was a side of him I'd never seen before and all I could think about, all I wanted to do was make it better. I slowly walked over and knelt in front of him, separating his knees further and sliding between them. He didn't look at me, nor did he move except for dropping his hands, his head still hung, tears slipping away from his face and onto the pavement.

I lifted my hands and place one on each side of his head and softly held him.

"Let me in. Please just let me in." I whispered into his ear.

His emotions burned through his chest and into mine, and I winced at the pain I knew he felt.

"Trey, please just let me in." I pleaded quietly with him, pulling his hat off and tugging on his hair. He finally looked up and I nearly cried at the agony in his eyes.

"Oh, sweetheart." I breathed softly and wiped several streaks of tears away with my fingers.

Suddenly, he gave in and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my tightly into him and burying his face on my shoulder as he wept.

I spent the next few minutes holding his head, resting my head on his and tugging on his hair.

---------------------------------------------------

Treys POV

--------------------------------------

I looked up and gasped at her fairly pale face.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Why didn't you say anything?!" I laughed as I loosened my death grip on her body. She let out a breath of relief and laughed, the color slowly returning to her body.

"I'm okay, I'm okay!" She tried to play it cool and I raised my eye brows questioningly at her smiling face.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked softly, her arms gently draped around my neck, and hands tied up in my hair. I looked at her radiant skin and blazing eyes, shaking my head.