Hogwarts AU

"So, we've been dating for about a year now," Lupus said while looking down at her fingers, fidgeting with the Hufflepuff emblem on her robes, "and I was wondering if you would like to come home with my family over the christmas break."

  Madelynn smiled, "I'd love to, I was going to stay here over christmas anyways." Lupus let on a long, relieved sigh.

  "Oh, thank god. Do you understand how awkward that would have been if you had said 'no'?" Madelynn laughed.

  "Hey, I've got some homework to do, so I'm going to head back to the Slytherin common room."

  "I'll walk with you."

. . .

  "I've got to warn you, my parents are pretty stern," Lupus said as she shook her head.

  "Don't worry, I know," Madelynn laughed, "remember when your mom sent that howler when we started dating in fourth year?"

  "Ugh," Lupus moaned, "don't remind me."

  The teenage couple talked and talked as they walked through the wonderful and confusing hallways of Hogwarts, until they walked down the spiraling staircase that lead to the dungeon. "Fox," Madelynn said to the wall. It instantly vanished. She quickly ran up and gave Lupus a quick kiss on the cheek.

  "See you after transfiguration tomorrow."

. . .

"Tooth brush and paste?"

"Check."

"Dress in case we need to go somewhere formal?"

"Check."

"Dress shoes for the same reason?"

"Check."

"An awesome girlfriend?" Madelynn smiled.

"Check."
. . .

"And then Julian walked out of the Ravenclaw common room, and then he realized he forgot his quittidich robes! And the riddle had already changed, so he sat there, for about half an hour just glaring at the wall. It was so funny!" Lupus and Madelynn chuckled together sitting in the second to last car on the hogwarts express, heading towards Lupus's parent's home.

. . .

"Madelynn, you will be sleeping in that room," Lupus's mother pointed, "right down the hall. Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM. Lunch will be at 12:30 PM. Dinner will be at 8:30 PM. And, I want everyone in their own beds by 11:00. You two may do as you wish the rest of the day."

"Thank you, mother," Lupus gave a quick nod, "now, I'm going to give you a tour."

. . .

"Okay, that was funnier than I thought it would be," Madelynn said as they left the muggle theatre.

"Told 'ya it would be," Lupus laughed. She looked down at her watch. 8:00.

"Oh shoot, dinner's in half an hour, we better rush home!"

"Thank you for dinner, Mother," Lupus gave a small bow, "may we leave the dinner table now?"

"Yes, you may."

"Thank you."

. . .

"You beat me again! Since when did you get so good at go fish!?" Madelynn giggled.

"Since Crystal got on that card kick two months ago." They laughed again. Lupus looked down at her watch.

"Shoot, it's 10:50."

"I should probably head back to my room."

"I'll walk you." They began walking down the dark wood halls of Lupus's house.

"So, tommorow's Christmas," Madelynn started, "does your family do anything special?"

"My mom lets us sleep in," Lupus said this as they came to Madelynn's door. She opened it.

"I'll see you tomorrow, marry early Christmas, Lupus."

"Wait." Madelynn have her a confused look. Lupus's eyes gestured upward. Sure enough, above them, hanging from the door frame, was mistletoe. Lupus leaned in and gave her a long, lingering kiss. Madelynn was blushing quite a bit, but she couldn't have been happier. Just as Lupus was putting her arms around Madelynn, her father appeared in the doorway.

. . .

"'Ever since I caught you snogging on Christmas Eve, I've been wondering, you haven't gone farther, have you?'" Lupus laughed.

"That's the fifth letter you're dad has sent you that says something close to that!" Madelynn chuckled as the teenage couple drank butter beer together in the Slytherin common room.