Chapter 1 - Harry Shane

"This is Aliona, involved in a motorbike road accident. She has dislocated her left patella, fracture to the left tibia, bruising to the ribs and arms, she was wearing a helmet so not much damage to her face, and her SATS are up" A voice said, it sounded muffled, as if it was coming from a long distance away.

"Right, get her into recess. We will need a x-ray, she will need fluids, and then she can go to the ward..." Another voice ordered, but faded as Aliona fell into the bottomless hole again.

"This is Harry, also involved in the motorbike road accident. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing a helmet so he has severe bruising and cuts to his face. A few broken and bruised ribs, possibly punctured his right lung, the stand of the motorbike wedged itself in his left side, and has a cut to the back of his head, which we have managed to stop bleeding, but he lost a lot of blood." A paramedic informed the doctors, while wheeling the bed into the A&E department.

"Right get him into theatre, we'll need to do a scan and an x-ray, he will need fluids and an operation to the head and side, but shave his head first this time, Dr Winters, we will also need to re-inflate the right lung, after get him into ICU and he will hopefully wake up. Inform me when you lot have finished." Jordan ordered, as the other doctors took over the bed and took an unconscious Harry into theatre.

"One... Two... Three... Lift!" Dr Lyons ordered. They lifted Harry onto the bed and removed the head immobilisation, and started to shave his head while others started working on re-inflating his lung, and examining the side wound.

Aliona's parents, one of her sisters Morgan, and her friend Frankie all sat around her bed waiting for her to wake up.

"ALIONA!" Her mum squealed after about 15 minutes, jumping up to give her daughter a hug. Aliona hugged her mum back before groaning telling her that she was hurting. Her mum let go immediately mumbling sorry and sat back down on the chair next to the bed.

"We were so worried!" Her mum continued, "as soon as we heard what happened... well let’s just say I don't think we've spent so much time in a hospital."

"What?! How long was I out for, mum?" She asked, looking around at her family and friends.

"About 1-2 and a half days. However you kept waking up mumbling something and going under again, but none of that matters now. What matters is that you are back with us!" Her dad spoke for the first time. Her Dad smiled weakly at her, she smile back knowing he wasn't good at this sort of thing.

Aliona's sister, Morgan, sat looking around nervously, avoiding eye contact with Aliona. "Morgan, what's wrong?" Aliona asked, her head titling to the side as her brows furrowed in concern and confusion. 

"What? Oh... Nothing, I was just thinking... Sorry," Morgan muttered. Aliona nodded, though not fully convinced.

"What did actually happen?" Aliona asked, she knew who and where she was, the people who were around her, her birthday, she knew and remembered everything except... except what happened that day.

"S'cuse me? Am just checking on Aliona, now that she is awake. Do you remember who you are, and where you are?" a nurse interrupted, bustling into the room with a clipboard and pen. She looked about a few years older than Aliona. 

"Aliona Sears, and I'm in hospital," She replied.

"Okay, so you know who you are, and where you are, so no real concussion. However, do you remember what happened to you Aliona?" The nurse asked, as she scribbled down notes on the folder at the foot of her bed, as Aliona shook her head.