Chapter 10. One Raining Night & Not what I wanted to see

Rachel's P.O.V

So since I left with my mom to a different place I feel depressed since I had to leave my friends. I hate my new school because no one understands me like my friends did. I miss Ashton a little more cause he would try to always make me see like in color instead or seeing life in black and white. I used to enjoy the nights that it rained but now I just feel even more depressed I haven't been in contact with anyone since I got here to my new home. I just want to see everyone again, I want to be able to feel comfortable. I don't want to feel awkward and like I am alone all over again, and again everyday. So I sit on my window ledge and look outside at the rain that falls from the sky to the ground.

It Friday night and I just want to feel okay again. My mom is a away on business for the weekend, so that means that I am alone for the next two days. She told me that I could go and visit my back home and I wanted my father Alvin. But I feel like my friends are better off with out me, so why bother them with someone who's not important. (Phone rings)

Call conversation

R- Hello

M- Hello Rachel it's mom.

R- Oh hi mom how's your trip going so far?

M- It good s far my plane landed not so long ago and my and some of my other coworkers are on our way to our hotel.

R- Well I am glad that you had a safe flight their.

M- Thank you sweetheart and please listen to me about going to go see your friends this weekend ok?....

R- (sigh) I don't know mom I see if I will go visit them.

M- Okay well sweetheart I got to go I'll talk to you soon ok.

R- ok bye mom

M- Bye Honey take care and I love you

R- you to, and I love too mom.

Call Ends

So as I lay on my bed, and I start to think maybe I should go back and visit them and see how are they doing. I hope that they understand. I just want to see the people who can understand me better than anyone else. So I just grab my keys, my phone, my earphones once I get dressed and then I head out the door to my car and head to my old town. As I get near my old town I get nervous about how my friends will react or what they will say to me. I just want them to know that I still care about them no matter what. So it's eight in the morning and I only have two more hours until I get their. The first thing that I am going to do is got get coffee because I have been driving all night. I haven't worked in a while and since I moved, and since I moved I can;t work with Luke because I live so far. The manager didn't like that I was leaving, but their wasn't anything that she could have done. Any ways I have to come and pick up my last check so I called her and told her that I was going to go, and pick it up. So I got into the town I called home once, and I just head over to Starbucks, so I can leave quickly.
Once I get their I see Luke's car. So I park far away from his car, and I get out of my car and I call my old manager to tell her I am here. As I enter I see my Ex boyfriend Blake, I see Alvin with some lady that looks to be in her thirty's, and I see all of my friends and Luke all together talking and laughing. So I was right they are better of without me in their life. I go to the counter and get my check with a drink then I look back at my friends just to see a girl on Ashton's lap smiling at him and I start to head toward the door until I hear someone call my name, "Rachel" but I don't look I just head out and toward my car. I get into my car and I see all of my friends outside looking for me. So I just start my car and get out of the parking lot and on to the road to go back home. An as I just get on the road it starts to rain again. But it's more heavier than last nights rain. An as I am driving I start to think about what I didn't want to see. I didn't realize that i was crying until I looked in the rear view mirror and I saw tears rolling down my face.