Chapter 16: A Christmas Party

Belle's POV

       I walked downstairs the next morning, a yawn escaping my lips. Hermione had to help me this morning with my hair as it was very messy bed head and it was very unobtainable. But now it was in a loose braid. We had spent the whole day up in Ginny's room talking about Hogwarts.

But the worst part: they kept asking me about Fred and how we became best friends so quickly. I didn't really know how to answer it. I sat down at the table next to Fred and Ginny as Molly served the food.

When she filled my plate, I smiled. "Thank you, Molly."

She nodded, a soft smile on her face. "You are very welcome, dear."

I glanced over at Fred who was staring at me like a maniac. I gently elbowed him. "Stop staring, Freddie."

He jumped a little almost as if he was in his own world. "Sorry. I forgot." He smiled sheepishly.

       I smiled at him and rolled my eyes playfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       After breakfast, I ran upstairs with Ginny and Hermione much to Fred's disappointment.

       Ten minutes later, Molly knocked on the bedroom door and walked in. "Girls, get ready. We are all going to a Christmas party. Dress formal." She smiled at Mione and I. "I have some dresses you could choose from if you'd like. Or I'm sure Ginny has some! Whichever you'd like."

       Ginny and Hermione went to her closet to find dresses but I shook my head. "I have one. Thank you though, Molly!" She nodded and left.

       As soon as I pulled out my new ruby red dress from Sydney, the girls came over to approve it.

       Next thing I heard was a loud bang as Errol, the Weasleys owl, ran into the window before flying when Ginny opened it. She pulled off the letter. "Belle, it's for you." She hands me the letter and I frown, not recognizing the handwriting.

       I opened it and both girls waited patiently to hear who it was from. I read through it, smiling. Fred had asked me to the party! I quickly wrote a reply and sent Errol on his way.

       I caught the girls still staring at me and I raised my eyebrows. "What? It was from August."

       Hermione nodded. "Mhm, then why was it Errol?"

       I shrugged. "Ares is sick." Not a lie. Ares really was sick and I didn't want him flying.

       Hermione just sighed and returned to finding a dress. As soon as we all had dresses, we all did each other's hair and makeup before getting our dresses on. Hermione's was a silvery white dress that went all the way down to the floor, Ginny had an emerald green dress on that reached the floor, and I had my floor length red ball gown. Ginny's hair was half up, half down. Hermione had hers cascading down her back, and mine was up in a French twist.

       We all walked downstairs when Molly called, heading out to the party. Fred could not keep his eyes off of me, and I know for a fact that I was smirking at him the entire way over there. We had to take the car because we were all dressed nice and didn't want to get our outfits messed up by floo powder or apparating.

       When we reached the dance hall, we were all greeted by the Minister of Magic, who was less than pleased to see me. We walked inside and I was yanked to the side. I grinned. "You didn't wait very long, Fred."

       I turned to face him. He smiled down at me. "Sorry, but I had to get you alone so I could see your beautiful face." He kissed my cheek and I pulled away. "I've got to go get a seat." I waved for him to follow me and walked out to the table our friends were sitting. I sat down next to Harry and Ginny.

After many long, boring speeches, the dancing continued. Harry stood and held his hand out to me. "May I have this dance?"

I smiled and took his hand. "Of course." I stood and let him pull me out to the dance floor. He pulled me in close and I lay my head on his shoulder, sighing softly. He would always be one my best friends.

       We swayed to the music as we talked about life and school. I was laughing at a joke Harry was telling me when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I stopped dancing when I turned around and looked into the eyes of Fred. I smiled. "Fred, would you like something?"

       He smiled at me before he looked at Harry. "May I cut in?"

       Harry glanced at me before nodding. "Of course." He kissed me on the cheek before walking off. Fred took my hands and pulled me close.

       I smiled up at him. "This is not very under cover."

       Fred only winked. "I asked you to come with me, remember? I am allowed to dance with you. But I have to admit, I was a little jealous when you danced with Harry." He looked over at our table where everyone was watching us. I blushed and hid my face in Fred's chest.

       "You don't have to worry. Harry is just my best friend, practically my brother. We are just friends." I kissed his cheek softly.

       He smiled and twirled me around before pulling me to him again quickly. "I have always loved dancing. You?"

I nodded. "I used to go to a lot of dances with my family for my father's work. I learned there."

He smiled. "No wonder you are so good."

I ended up dancing the night away with George, Hermione, Ginny, and Harry. Fred danced with me the most and Ron asked me to one dance which was awkward at first, but I managed to break the tension.

After the party, we all climbed into the car and I fell asleep against Hermione as we drove home. I was starting to wake up when the car stopped and strong arms carried me up to Ginny's room, laying me on the bed. I smiled as Fred tucked me in and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Belle."

I smiled as he closed the door and the girls climbed into their beds. I quietly whispered, "Goodnight Fred."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS CHAPTER WAS EDITED ON MAY 8th, 2020