Part One (Nenet)

“I do not wish to be here anymore,” my voice was weak as I spoke to the darkness that surrounded me. The darkness was never ending and seemed to absorb all sound making it almost as if I were not speaking to begin with.

“Our game shall not end and you will not leave until I have won, Nenet.” a voice replied to my pleas for freedom. The voice seemed to have come from the darkness itself; we have had similar conversations many times over the eternity that I have stayed in the dark.

“When will you have won?” I questioned the darkness.

A menacing laugh surrounded me and sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps erupted over my skin but it did not reply to my question. I stayed silent after that but I am not sure for how long, I have lost all sense of time since being brought to this dark place. I have no recollection of my past nor do I have any ideas for the future. My entire existence at this point is a question I have yet to answer; there is simply no reason for me to be here.

The dark is all I have known for so long that the only way I remember my name is when the voice chooses to remind me. Just the thought that I may have had some kind of past is what has kept me from losing myself to insanity.

Knowing that to continue my pleading would be useless I closed my eyes while I continued to float through the darkness, wishing that I was anywhere but right here.