The Dragon Mage*

Story: The Dragon Mage

By: KO Vjestica

Link: http://www.wattpad.com/2512888

Genre: Fantasy / Adventure

Average Score: 8.8/10

Critique:

     Plot: 8/10

Seems a bit straightforward from the summary and the first chapter, but already several potential plot twists can be seen.

     Setting: 9/10

Traditional fantasy setting, but well thought out and unique in several aspects such as the history and magic system.

     Characters: 8/10

The main character, Leodar, could use some more distinctive character traits. But otherwise, all the current characters are unique.

     Pacing: 9/10

The conflict is brought out early, but also seems a bit rushed in terms of plot. Perhaps more explanation in the beginning detailing the war would make the conflict seem bigger to the reader as well as lengthen and deepen the story.

     Flow: 10/10

Grammar, sentence structure, and word choice were fine.

     Tone: 10/10

A old, medieval air is captured perfectly with the dialogue and word choice, and it's still relatively easy to read.

     Originality: 7/10

This is an example of epic, traditional fantasy. Mages, knights, dragons--the whole lot. Done well, these aspects can easily make an amazing plot, but the author must make sure to put their own original spin and history on it. This story does so, but it could still use some fleshing out, which will probably be done in later chapters. Also, "The XXX Mage" is a common title in fantasy.

     Visual Appeal: 10/10

Amazing cover!

     Ending Comment: Keep writing! You have a great story on your hands~

Last Updated: 12 / 26 / 11