When it all began

2 years ago

Ugh, stupid village boys,can't they see I don't fancy them, Arisia mumbles. She loved to skip from cobblestone to cobblestone while singing, for some reason whenever she did, she felt like she was free and flying, something she hadn't felt in years. Arisia headed towards her  secret meadow. Arisia had always wanted to be free, to search around the world, to go to the other kingdoms. However, her dreams were just that ,dreams, for she could never bear the disappointment in her parent's eyes if she told them her wish. They would always say the same thing. Arisia, honey ,you know that you are a very special girl and we have to stay hidden for your safety, her mother explained. As if that was enough, Arisia though,why am i special,i'm just your daughter,nothing special,why,why,why? Somehow it always comes to that word,but my parents refuse to cooperate and tell me why. I've always known I was adopted, even though my mother struggled not to tell me. I think she suspected I knew. I always though that my birth mother was a young maiden who got pregnant at an unfortunate age and had to give me up because she was forced to. However,she loved me which is why she left me the note and the beautiful golden rose. Sometimes I wonder if she was dead, or if she's trying to find me, but its futile since I know she will probably never find me. The hill I live on is very steep and it has grown steeper during the years. When I was born it could have been climbed, but now, it would be a death sentence. Arisia, Arisia, where are you?, my mother screams. I'm going mother, just picking flowers, I say back. I hurriedly picked up as much flowers as I could, flattened my dress and headed down to my home, for another day of normality, a never-ending cycle,  for now....