If I Was There Instead

.......................
Hi!
A chapter right after another! Yay!

So this chapter has a song, and it is "Million Words" by The Vamps. I left the lyric video up there^ I don't know if you actually go and listen the songs that I suggest here (with the exception of Shawn's songs, of course), but I would really like if you did. The way this song fits with how Shawn is feeling in this chapter is so incredible! Here is a part of the lyrics:

I remember you were standing in my doorway,
And the words were on my lips, that you never looked so beautiful

Doesn't this ring so many bells to when they were still in NY? I could really put all the lyrics of this song here, because every single word would fit in perfectly. But I will save you from that.

Hope you like it! :)
Xxx,
Sara
.......................
Sadie's POV:

Sitting in the side room which is packed with keyboards and computers, I watch, feeling more useless than ever, the rest of the group chatting about some party, and not even touching their instruments.

"Welcome to Music lessons." Aria mumbles, looking just as lost as I am. Apparently not everyone that chose the subject are as passionate towards it as I thought they would be, because they don't show any signs of wanting to start doing the work anytime soon.

"Is it always like this?" I ask Aria, and looking at me sympathetically, she nods.

"I am always the person who does the whole work. They only talk." She sighs.

"Well, I will try to help, but I don't think I will be much of a help." I say, feeling bad for her.

Standing up and getting a blank piece of paper, Aria starts writing down the names of everyone in the group. Sighing, she scribbles over the names she wrote down and drops the pen, shaking her head. "We're doomed."

Bored, and not knowing what to do, I walk over to a keyboard, and turn it on. I didn't really know what I was doing. I just started playing random songs I had memorized, and then the next thing I know, I am playing random keys. Playing them repeatedly and adding some chords, the world fades away around me just as it does everytime I play, and I am lost in this melody that I somehow created out of the blue.

Getting fed up of repeating this pattern over and over again, I stop, sighing. With the sudden silence of my keyboard, I notice that the chattering died out, too. Looking up, I notice all of my group members' eyes on me, Aria's with a new sparkle of hope.

"Sadie, we can use that! This is great! I didn't know you were this good!" She exclaims, beaming.

"Thanks, but I don't really know what I'm doing..." I say.

"Aria is right. This is awesome! For the first time in forever, we have something good to start with." Nick says, nodding. He is brunette and has brown eyes, and I know him from my homeroom, but I never really spoke to him. I always saw him as the class's jokester.

"Hands up who votes Sadie as group captain!" Sean says raising his own arm, and surprisingly, all arms go up. Right, so I am in charge, without asking for it. Just great.

"So what do we do now?" Bree asks me expectantly.

"Um..." I mumble, not knowing what to do. I try to think this as just another project. What would I do first? Sort out who does what.

"We need to sort the tasks. Well, I think we should start by knowing who will play what. What do you guys play?" I ask. "I play the piano and the guitar, however I would prefer staying with the piano. Much safer." I add.