Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up the next day and sat up in bed. I looked at my clock and it was nine in the morning. Oh screw it. I’m not going even though it’s my second day of school. I just don’t think I can face One Direction again today. I mean seriously? Why my school? I live in the smallest town in the United States! Afton, Iowa. It’s small. I heard my door bell ring and I got up went to my window and saw One Direction standing at my front door. I cursed to myself and slipped on my jeans and my hoodie. I only wore a tank top last night. I went to my door and opened it.

“How in the world did you guys get my address?”I asked stepping outside.

“Zane.” Zayn said and I laughed mentally.

“Gosh dang it” I said and went back inside. “You can come in.” I said and I heard them all come in. I walked into the living room and sat on the love seat. Harry sat beside me and Niall, Louis and Liam sat on the couch. I looked at Zayn and he sat on Harry’s lap. I smiled a little and heard a bell from behind me. I looked and it was my grey 6 month old kitten Marcus. I picked him and put him on my chest. He looked at me and put his nose to mine and rubbed his face on mine. I giggled and pet him.

“You hungry?” I asked him and he looked at me. I picked him up and went to his food. I put him in front of it and he started eating. I smiled and pet him and he laid down. I heard footsteps and I looked to the kitchen and Niall was looking through my cupboard. I sighed and took a pan out pancake batter.

“I’ll make you guys breakfast.” I said and I saw Niall beside me.

“You okay?” He asked and put his hand on my arm. I jumped back and looked at him. He held his hands up and bite my lip and went to the stairs.

“Miah are you okay?” I heard Liam ask but I didn’t answer. I mentally slapped myself for showing fear to them. I closed my eyes and laid on the stairs. I felt paws on my legs and I looked down and smiled.

“hey boy.” I said and pet him. He meowed at me and I kissed him.

“Hey.” I heard Harry say and I saw him squatting at the end of the stairs. “I know you’re scared Miah but you don’t have to be around us. We won’t hurt you.” He said and I nodded.

“I know you won’t but I don’t like being touched and I don’t like talking to people. Even though i’m talking to you guys.” I said sitting up and he smiled.

“Maybe we just have that touch.” He said flashing his dimples and he got up and sat beside me. He pet Marcus and Marcus went over to him and laid on his lap. “You don’t have to be scared to but hurt. I know you don’t trust people after what happened but you can trust us Miah.” He said and I looked up at him. He looked down and I saw sincere in his eyes. He was right. I don’t trust people but maybe it’s time to change that.

“Why are you so much taller than me?” I giggled changing the subject and he smiled at me.

“Want to go for a walk?” He asked and I nodded. “Well let’s see if we can detach him from me” I laughed and picked my cat up.

“You have a beautiful laugh” Harry said and I blushed. I got off the stairs and put Marcus on the couch. Harry came in beside me and put a hand on my back. I went to pull away but Liam was in my way. I backed up and went to the closet and grabbed my shoes. I heard a knock at my door and I looked though the window and it was Josh. I turned around quickly and pressed my back to the door. I put my shoes on and tied them and Harry came over.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“My ex is here.” I said and he tilted his head in confusion. “I broke up with him because he was flirting with other girls. He got mad when I did and hasn’t left me alone since.” I said and he shaped his mouth in a ‘o.’