My Curse

''I sometimes wonder why it was me. I look at my siblings and see that they are normal. Normal. It sounds beautiful to my ears. With the life i have lived, it would.''

Chapter 1

I am sitting in my room, looking out of the window. It felt like a lifetime since it happened, but it in truth it was just a month. I knew my whole life had changed. I had lived in fear before. I didn't know who I was, or more importantly what i was. I still remember being pushed from swings and my hair pulled until it bled. I used walk with my head down and every night, I would cry myself to sleep in despair. I don't know how I got through those dark years of my past. There used to be a voice screaming inside my head to end it all. I wanted to end it all. I truly hated my life.

Memories of the past made me more upset and more withdrawn than usual.The truth broke my heart .But there was still some part of me that wanted to go back. My life is an incomplete puzzle. I have go back now and put in the missing pieces. I am sick and tried of being the ''odd one'' or the ''weirdo''. I want to be a normal person. I want a second chance. That's my only wish.

I sometimes wonder why it was me. I look at my parents other children, and they are normal. Normal. It's sounds beautiful to my ears.With the life i have lived it would.

I was born in a family of four children. I am the youngest. It's not a mystery. I was so imperfect even as an infant, my parents didn't want to risk having any more ''strange'' children. I was the laughing stock of the entire town. My own siblings thought i was a ugly abnormal creature. That were the exact words used to describe me. I wasn't even human. I was a ''ugly creature''.

My mind flashes unwelcome images of my cursed childhood. As tears trickle down my cheeks, I remember once over hearing my parents discussing in low tones their damned youngest offspring. I wanted to run far, far, away to another land. I wanted to be respected. I wanted to be loved. I also recall screaming at the top of my voice, weeping, and finally collapsing on the floor sobbing my heart out. My mother used to look at me and sigh deeply. My father barely glanced at me, let alone sigh. My home life was hell enough. But school was horrible. The children were cruel. No insult was spared against me.

I wonder what my early tormentors Emily, Blair, and Pauline would say if they saw me now. I am sure they remember me a quiet child with huge sorrowful eyes. I have been a changed person since. I may not be the most out-going person but the pain has made me stronger.

Now you may be wondering why. Why I was tormented so, why my parents disowned me, why I was considered a freak. Well, it's simple. It all started when i was born. I had a physical deformity. On the outside I seemed  to be 'normal' but in fact, I wasn't. I was, and in some ways still am, a hermaphrodite.