Chapter III

Hope you like! Picture of Brittany on the side. She has darker hair, more like a dirty blond. This was a fun chapter to write

forest

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple of days, Mae let me go back to my house. I sat down on my bed, watching myself in the mirror across from me. A knock rang at my front door. I groaned and got up. I looked through the curtains and sighed. It was him.

          “What?” I asked quickly.

          “I wanted to –,” Michael stopped a looked at my face. “What happened?”

          “Damn. Did you know that you’re like, the fifteenth person who asked me that this week?”       

          “S – Sorry,” He looked at the ground. “But, I wanted to apologize for accusing that you made Heather commit. It wasn’t right for me to do that. I was in a dark stage at that time.”

          I stepped away from the door to let him in. He sighed and walked in.

          “I hope you know I’m only being nice because you only look like you’re going to cry.”

          Michael looked up at me. Tears were about to come. “I just wanted to say,” He paused, the cross necklace around his neck clanked together with his high school ring. “I’m sorry. Sorry for all the stupid shit I’ve done.”

          He sniffled and ran his hand through his hair. I stayed silent.

          “I know you probably hate my guts right now, but, I just wanted to say that if you need anything, let me know. You still have my number hopefully. This is all my idiotic fault. You know me. A stupid, jock boy jerk, that’s what I am. It’s stupid to hear a football player cry, but hey, it’s gotta happen sometimes. This whole Heather thing has passed. I want to be with you, Brittany, no one else. I loved you way more than Heather. Heather was a bitch. All she wanted was sex. No matter where we were at. I declined all the times she asked me. You’re prettier, smarter and more intelligent than her. I never knew she was going to do that to me behind the school that day. I never knew you were going to see. You can beat my ass right here.”

          “You’re pretty much asking me to go out with you?”

          “What? No. Heather hated my guts. And then one day she comes running to me and starts doing crap to me. You know what the crap is. I just want you to hear me out. I loved you way more than I loved Heather. Heather was a bitch to everyone except everyone that was ‘popular’. It doesn’t matter. That day I told you it was your fault for making her commit, I was wrong. I know you. You’d never do anything like that. I was pissed off. I should’ve never blamed you. Again, I’m sorry.”

          Michael got up and went over to the door. He opened it, but I pushed it shut. “You shouldn’t be the one who’s apologizing. I should.”

          He looked up at me with tears and bloodshot eyes. He stayed silent.

          “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for treating you like crap. It’s my fault. I’ve been treating you like garbage recently. I’m sorry for what I’ve put you through.”

          He grabbed me and wrapped me into a hug. I felt his lips hover over mine. He kissed me within seconds.

          Weird thing is I liked it.