Goodnight

As soon as the carriage arrived in Livorno, Lovino sighed in relief. He had grown sick of his brother and the king rambling on about random, unimportant things on the way there. Looking out the window, Lovino's eyes lit up at the sight of the Mediterranean. He hadn't seen the sea since he was a little boy. Florence was too far away and his parents had been to poor to afford a trip to the coast.

"Lovino! Lovino! Look at the sea!" Feliciano squealed as he noticed the coast. Antonio chuckled at their excitement and watched on as the two practically glued their faces to the windows. It wasn't until Gilbert stopped that the two Italians composed themselves. The carriage had been stopped near a port, where Lovino could see fishermen and sailors walking around on the docks.

Lovino watched from the inside as Gilbert hopped off carriage and approached one of the men. They were talking for a few second before the sailor pointed to something in the distance. Lovino's eyes followed the direction and his mouth immediately dropped open as he saw one of the biggest sailing ships he had ever seen. After thanking the man, Gilbert turned back to the carriage and opened the door.

"The ship is over there. We can board as soon as possible." Gilbert explained.

"Okay then, off we go!" Antonio declared, beaming as he slid out of the carriage. The two Italians followed and continued following until they reached the dock. Neither of them had been on a boat before, and both were incredibly terrified. As Antonio walked onto the boarding plank and made his way onto the ship, the two brothers froze. After successfully boarding the ship, Antonio turned around and frowned.

"What's wrong?" he asked, looking down at the two Italians in confusion.

"We've never been on a boat before." Lovino uttered, his face flushing as he grew embarrassed.

"Oh! That's okay! I'll help you on." Antonio reassured, holding out a hand for Lovino to grab. Lovino hesitated for a moment before taking his hand and hoisting himself up onto the plank. Still holding the king's hand, Lovino slowly made his way across the wooden board and onto the ship. Lovino sighed a sigh of relief and looked down at his brother on the dock.

"I'll help you up." Lovino reassured, trying to comfort his brother on the dock. Feliciano just laughed and stayed still. "What?" Lovino questioned in confusion.

"Uh- you're still holding my hand." Antonio muttered, causing Feliciano to laugh even harder on the dock below. Lovino immediately released his hand and pulled his arm away from the Spaniard as the blush intensified on his face.

"Stupid Spaniard.." Lovino grumbled, furrowing his brows as the embarrassment set in. Antonio and Feliciano continued to laugh until Lovino held his hand out for Feliciano to grab. Feliciano took his hand and hoisted himself up onto the ship with ease.

"Dinner will be served in the dining room shortly, so we should make our way there." Antonio explained, leading the way across the deck of the ship. The two brothers looked at each other with baffled expressions on their faces. A dining room? On a ship? They didn't even have a dining room in their old house!

As they followed Antonio across the ship, Lovino noticed Feliciano wobbling a bit. "Are you okay?" Lovino asked, watching as his brother wiped his nose on his sleeve.

"I think I'm coming down with a cold." Feliciano responded, sniffling. Lovino thought he seemed fine earlier. It must've had something to do with the ship.

"Should I tell Antonio?" Lovino whispered, not knowing what to do with his sick brother. If Feliciano got the king of Spain sick, he might get into big trouble.

"No, it's fine. I don't want you telling your boyfriend that he's about to embark on a journey with a sick peasant. He might have a royal panic attack." Feliciano joked, eliciting a scoff from Lovino.

"He's not my boyfriend you idiot." Loving growled, elbowing him in the rib for the second time that day. Feliciano rolled his eyes and they continued walking until Antonio stopped at a door labelled staircase - dining room.

"Gilbert will be joining us in a few minutes so in the meantime we can just sit down and talk." Antonio explained before opening the door and making his way down the staircase.

"It's not like we've been doing that for the past 12 hours or anything." Lovino complained sarcastically, just loud enough for the king to hear. Antonio laughed and continued walking. Lovino furrowed his brows. It seemed like no matter how much negativity Lovino could produce, Antonio always laughed. Any other king would've had him hanged right on the spot.

Entering the dining room, Feliciano and Lovino could barely believe they were on a ship. Everything was nicely decorated and the long table was set with white tablecloth and white china, just like a royal dining room. Antonio chuckled at their bewildered expressions and greeted Gilbert as he made his way into the room as well. All four paused as they heard a bell ring from a different room.

"Time for dinner!" Antonio exclaimed.

~time skip~

After dinner was over and Antonio had finished fussing over Feliciano's sneezing and coughing, the four men made their way into the sleeping quarters. The ship had set sail in the middle of eating, so it had been a bit of a bumpy dinner. All four were ready to sleep. Gilbert's room was on the far side of the ship, so the three said goodnight and he exited, leaving the king alone with the Italians.

The three had made their way into a room with two beds, which Lovino had assumed were for him and Feliciano. "I had the captain set up this room for you two, but after seeing Feliciano so sick, I want Feliciano sleeping by himself. So Lovino, you can sleep in my room." Antonio suggested.

"Hell no." Lovino shot back.

"Why not?" Antonio asked, looking a bit disappointed as Lovino denied the offer.

"I- I don't want to sleep with you!" Lovino yelled, his face turning bright red as he realized what the words sounded like coming out of his mouth. Antonio's face turned red but he laughed it off as Lovino fumed.

"Not like that mi amigo. I just don't want you getting sick." Antonio lied. Truthfully, Antonio just wanted Lovino to himself.

"Fine. But no funny business." Lovino mumbled, eliciting a smile from Antonio. His plan was working.

"Ok then, follow me. Goodnight Feliciano!" Antonio called out before leading Lovino out of the room and into the hallway. The butterflies in Lovino's stomach were freaking out as he followed Antonio into his bedroom. He was going to be sleeping in the same bed as the most handsome man he had ever seen. As they walked in, Lovino was surprised to see a huge bed. Too big for one person, in fact. Lovino was starting to wonder if it had been Antonio's plan the whole time. The Italian shook the thought out of his head as Antonio flopped down onto the left side of the bed.

"You can pick a side if you prefer one." Antonio suggested. Lovino walked over to the right side of the bed and sat down, avoiding eye contact with the king.

"You don't have any other bedrooms on this ship?" Lovino questioned, awkwardly tensing up as he felt Antonio shift on the other side of the bed.

"We have plenty. I just thought you'd feel more comfortable closer to your brother." Antonio explained, pulling the covers over himself.

"Oh. Thanks- I guess." Lovino said, following Antonio's lead and pulling the covers over himself as well.

"Goodnight Lovino." Antonio whispered, tilting his head to look over at the Italian. Lovino looked over at him and blushed as he noticed how close their faces were. Feeling embarrassed, Lovino turned his head the other way and shut his eyes. Awkward.