Zieden Steel. Chapter 3

AND THE WINNER ISSSS DarkWolf7!!! LOL and because he was the only one to submit a name :P THX SOOOO MUCH FOR PARTICAPATING! THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU WOLFY!! :* :* <3 <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I growled in frustration. However I knew from the beginning it wouldn't be easy finding the Dragon King. Stone and I both knew it wouldn't be when we started searching for him 20 years ago.

In that time, I had grown three times in size and my wings even larger still. My teeth and claws had grown out completely and I was now capable of defending myself. I was no longer the helpless little hatchling. However, I was still a juvenile dragon, and Stone would have to stay by my side until I was 120 years old.

"Stone, maybe we should split up for a day, and try to find someone who could give us answers on our own, it will increase our chances of finding something, and we can meet back here after a day has passed" I suggested.

I could see no reason why he would say no, the skies were clear and we were in the safe confines of no-man's land between the territories of Fire and Ice. There was no danger from the Ice dragons as they could not leave their frigid wasteland, as they could not survive without the cold.

Stone scratched his scar, a habit that he had picked up while he was thinking. The scar he had received twenty years ago when he fought Moshui the Gofard. The scar started from the base of his neck and ran down diagonally to his left shoulder.

"I'm not keen on the idea of leaving you, especially since we are so close to Ice Territory" Stone hesitated.

"Do not worry, brother... If a fight were to happen, I will tear them apart with my fangs and claws!" I assured Stone. Stone growled and leapt on me. Pinning me to the ground.

"Please Pyra... Do not call me your brother. Nor ever see me as your brother".

This was odd behavior, even for Stone.

Past months he had pinned me down before. But it had always been play, he would also pin other dragons down at social conventions, to display his dominance. This was to prepare for when he was 120, and ready to find a partner.

This time, he was serious. Almost hinting something.

I soured my look, I didn't want to leave in a bad mood, so with every ounce of my strength I managed to throw him off of me, I then tackled him, pinning him down. Quickly placing my jaws over his throat before he could throw me off.

"I won this round" I smirked. Stone sighed, then laughed, "You won this round..." Then his face darkened again. "Seriously though. Do not call me your brother".

I snorted, "Alright fine, if that's what makes you happy". I stopped in my tracks. "You still never agreed with me" I point out. "Agree with splitting up?" Stone asked. I nodded. Stone scratched his scar as he considered the idea.

"Alright, but we meet back here in exactly one day, if you are late by even a minute I will... I will turn Aelius Isle over to look for you" Stone said in what he tried to be a menacing voice.

"I promise!" I said slightly impatiently. "Take care... I love you Pyra... be careful" Stone said softly. His goodbye scared me. Never had he sounded so serious before. I took off without another word. His I love you, echoing in my head hauntingly.

I was not paying attention to where I was going, I was extremely preoccupied. I just kept flying South. I was so distracted, I did not notice the decrease in temperature, it wasn't until I noticed the gentle falling of snow, that I was completely lost.