Best Thing I Never Had (4)

I was still puzzling over what Dymeire had said. ‘Mmm”. What the hell does that mean. Because how I took it was that he didn’t believe me when I said that I loved Garren. And I do.

Still though. I would keep my promise to myself. I wouldn’t let Dymeire do anything like that again. If he keep on tempting me like this though, I don’t know what I gonna do with myself. Even though I love Garren, like I said before, Dymeire was my childhood crush. Now that I think about it, if I’m not over it yet, maybe it wasn’t just a crush…

I shook myself out of those thoughts and looked up to see Dymeire staring intently at me. I made a face at him. “What are you looking at?” I whispered a little harshly at him.

It was making me mad that he had barely did anything to me and had only been back for a day and already my thoughts were completely centered around him. I felt a little bad though about taking it out on him because he can’t control my reactions, my emotions. That was all me.

“Nothing, ma,” he shook his head a little. “I’m looking at nothing.” He went back to eating and I scowled at the top of his head. See? There he go. Now I’m going to be obsessing about that. And just what the hell is nothing? I shook my head angrily. I disgusted myself, I really did. Worrying about Dymeire when I should be worrying about Garren, especially since I hadn’t talked to him since after school. It was now 7 o’clock and school got out at 2:37.

“Ma?” His dad cut in rasing his eyebrow. “Is that what they call girl nowadays? When I was younger it was, sweet thang or something like that.” I chuckled and my mind was temporarily reprieved of my convoluted thoughts.

“Please believe that you will get laughed at if you ever said some mess like that to a girl now,”

“Maybe with your generation, but with the tenders my age. Shit, you don’t know nothing about that.” He popped his collar.

“Well, let me hear you calling somebody ‘sweet thang’ and you gonna know something about my fist.” Dymeire’s mom snapped.

I was rolling. I literally had tears running down my cheeks this was so funny. His parents were always so entertaining. Dymeire though looked embarrassed as he put hand over his eyes and shook his head. He should be used to this by now though. My parents were laughing along with me. It was like dinner and a movie as they went back and forth at each other.

Suddenly, my phone blared playing Drake’s ‘Make me proud’. I quickly excused myself to answer my phone and saw that it was Garren’s name on the caller I.D.

“Hey, baby,” I said as soon as I answered.

“What’s good? I’m just checking in on you.” I smiled.

“I miss you. What’re you doing?” I could hear some noise in the background like someone was moving around a lot. There was the faint thump of bass like was music was playing. “Where are you?” I asked curiously now. He had said he had to take care of something things but it didn’t sound like it. It sounded like he was chilling.

“I’m at a friends house. I’m about to come through and see you for a little bit then I’mma head home, cool?” He asked me.

“Okay, love you.”

“Love you too.” I hung up and sighed. I decided I would get those answers out of him when he got here. I turned to go back to the kitchen and was startled to see Dymeire standing against the wall just behind me.

“Whyare you following me?” I asked.

“I’m not. We’re about to leave so I just came to wait by the door. I didn’t know you would be right here.” He shrugged but his expression was blank.

“How long were you standing there?” I asked him.

“Not too long.” He said flatly. I know he had to at least hear me tell Garren that I loved him. Oh well, not that I care anyway. I already told him that I did.

“Mmm,” I threw repeated him from earlier. “Well, bye, I guess.” I said and went to walk around him when his arm snaked out and caught me around the waist. He drew me into a hug against his hard chest and I was immediately surrounded by warmth and the smell of his cologne. Damn, he felt so good, all comfortable, I could have stayed like that for days.

His head was nuzzled in my neck and it gave me butterflies. “Bye.” He pulled back and kissed my cheek before letting me go and disappearing out of the front door. I was flushed and worked up by the time his parenst showed themselves.

“Bye, sweetie,” His mom came to give me a hug. I said my good-bye’s and then made my way upstairs. There I flopped down on my bed and was once again lost in my thoughts while I waited for Garren to get here.