Chapter 13

"I read all of them," Alisha said and handed me the stack of books that I gave her.

"You liked reading them?"

She nodded. We sat in silence for a few minutes until she finally spoke.

"Why aren't you talking with him?"

"Who?"

"Aditya" she rolled her eyes.

"Who said?"

"Nishu at least don't lie to a person who will die in a few days. You will never be able to share anything once my soul leaves my body." She said in one go without having the slightest idea how much hurtful her sentence was. I went numb and said nothing.

"I know" she said.

"I knew. I know." She added.

"I don't understand" I said.

"I always knew you liked him and I know that you love him."

"Hah! Come on. I think you should rest."

"I'm tired of resting actually, so let me rest from the resting part."

"See Alisha, Aditya is an amazing man and I think every other woman around him will be attracted to him and I'm one of them. I'm no different."

"So you liked every good looking-rich man who used to arrive in my parties?"

"No"

"Then why just him?"

"Because he is, he is...I don't know."

"Nishu my parties were always packed with handsome men who had money. You never seemed to care. You were always so busy being you, that you couldn't care less about the people who surrounded you."

"Alisha I'm an average girl and,"

"You aren't just an average girl. Not everyone has the guts to enter a party wearing a pyjama" she laughed. I laughed too.

"You've got a sexy butt by the way," she pinched my wrist.

"Ouch! It hurts" I pinched back lightly.

"And you've also got sexy..."

"Okay okay shut up. Stop being a pervert now."

Both of us laughed.

"He likes you too." She said and my heart missed beats.

"He always had his eyes on this cute chubby girl who were always lost in her own world amidst the chaos,"

"Chubby? You can say fat. I won't mind."

"I'm trying to be a little author-ish, can't use the term fat for my protagonist."

"He was always interested in you Nishu. And what do you think why does he spend so much time here?" she added.

"Because he doesn't really have a life" I chuckled.

"Not funny"

"I don't know"

"Because he loves you, and I know him from a very long time Nishu. I know him."

"I will not believe this,"

"He is an ardent fan of K. Hussein and there is no such K. Hussein book that he haven't read. It was not required for him to borrow that book from you Nishu in the first place. He just wanted to get in your unprecedented world. You will still not believe me?"

"Why are you telling me this now?"

"Because this is not school and I don't want my best friend to share my punishment." She smiled.

Aditya knocked and came in.

"Hello" he wished.

We smiled broadly.

"Whoa! What's wrong? What are with those big wide smiles up there ladies?"

"I've unveiled all your secrets" she gave a crooked smile.

"So Miss Bose will not be bothering your mom every time I enter your room anymore?" he chuckled.

"I'm afraid I might just be," I blushed.

We three laughed altogether.