Chapter 5 - Reaching Sally

With that, the gods have been brought up to speed, and they weren't happy.

"What a problem child." Hera muttered. "Poor thing, really."

"As the King of Gods, I formally suggest that I simply smite this issue from being."

"No!" Artemis objected, eyes wide, clutching the child closer to herself.

Hades glared down at Artemis, "I do not think that is a wise decision, brother-"

"You dare insult my decision making?" Zeus bellowed, pushing his throne back as he stood. He grabbed his Master Bolt, electrifying the room. Hades, used to his brother's outbursts, remained calm.

"Of course not. I would love to see you smite the child as much as the rest. However, the child has been sought after by the Fates. Surely, it means he carries an important destiny."

Zeus stood awkwardly, "I see." He sat back down, loosening the grip on his bolt. "Well, what do you suggest we do then?"

Hades inspected the child, a look flashed across his face that Artemis couldn't quite read. "At the moment, there isn't much we can do. He is far too young, even for camp. Perhaps the best course of action is to send him to his family."

"It seems you have forgotten, his mother is deceased." Athena spoke, "not only that, but he is unable to enter Camp Half-Blood. That opens the possibility that he might not be of our origin entirely."

Ares, who was close to falling asleep, sharpened at her words. "Wait, so you're saying the kid ain't one of ours? We spent all this time yappin' about when this kid is just some rando?"

"Clearly, your brain is of no use outside the battle zone, Ares. The fates personally intercepted him."

"What difference does it make? Do any of you claim him?"

The gods looked around, none of them naming this baby as their child.

"Way to go, bow-head. You'll pay for wasting my time." With that, Ares left the room, followed by a few of the other gods.

"Wait, I still have no idea what to do now." Artemis looked at Athena, waiting for a plan.

"Although I do think that Ares is incorrect about his origin, Hades is correct. He might have family out there. Good luck." Athena, too, left without a warning.

Hermes pat Artemis on the shoulder. "Don't worry. I feel bad for leaving the kid with you. Ahahaha, I'm kidding! Kidding." He smiled. "You found his home, correct? Let's say me & you go take a second look at the place, see if we can find any trace of his family."

Finally, someone was on Artemis's side. "Thank you, Hermes. I'm sure it will be easy if you were to assist me. I suppose you wouldn't mind if I headed to my hunters first? I won't be able to search if I had the kid with me."

Behind them, Hera cleared her throat. The two turned, surprised.

"Artemis."

The gods stood clearly uneasy. 

"..."

Hera's piercing gaze caused the two of them to squirm.

"..."

"Um..." Artemis started, shifting the child yet again. "May I assist you, Hera?"

"Nonsense. In fact, I shall offer you my assistance." Hera extended her arms toward the child. "I suppose I could watch over the child as you and Hermes set off."

The goddess was a little hesitant, and it showed. While Hera was the goddess of family, she had quite the temper. After a short thought, she handed the child to Hera. The glare was gone, her face now soft with worry.