Stepping on Flowers -Larry Stylinson Au-

My fingers wrapped around the loose curl that had managed to stray away from the rest. I looked down at my arms which would soon be covered by the black sweater sleeves. I cursed under my breath and walked over to the door. The safety of my room was always nice. It smelled lovely, Like air freshener and autumn air from the open window. 

        Unlike the rest rest on my home. It often smelled of alcohol and smoke, Usually from my new step father. My mother said than when she agreed to marry him he was a nice man. Most likely because she had never seen him intoxicated. Every since then he's just.. Abusive you could say. I glanced down at my arms which were lined with cuts, scares, bruises and glass scratches. 

        Yesterday, My father had a few drinks and he became abusive. He grabbed Gemma and started hitting her, That's all I can remember. Last night was a blur. I remember throwing my step father into our glass coffee table after he pushed me into our television.

        I can also remember comforting my mother, wiping her tears and hugging her in my bedroom last night. She was still in my bedroom, sleeping under my navy blue duvet. 

        School. Right. I opened the door quietly, careful not to wake my mother. My heart was pounding. It's horrible. Not even being able to walk into your living room without being horrified. My black converse tapped lightly over each step. I tried my hardest to be silent. Which each and every step my father stirred on the floor by the shattered beer bottles. My mothers purse was resting on the kitchen counter. 

        I took a deep breath, Stepping around my father and the broken glass that covered our tile floor. Boy, Mom would have fun cleaning that up. I grabbed onto the strap of her handbag and pulling it off the counter and into my arms. My step fathers intoxicated body stirred, rolling into the shattered glass. Idiot. I reached inside her handbag. I rummaged around a few moments before gripping onto the small bottle of concealer. 

        Ignoring my dads stirring and groaning, I stomped up the stairs and into my room. I mean if he wakes up now, I'll just run to school. I popped the cap off and squirted some of the skin toned liquid into my palm. "Harry!" What? I glanced out the window to see Liam standing in my yard. I rolled my eyes and quickly massaged the makeup onto my wrist and forearm area. I pulled on my black sweater and threw my bag over my shoulder.

        I set the concealer on my nightstand, making sure my mom will be able to find it when she wakes up. After all, My mother is also covered in bruises and scratches. 

        I pushed the window open a little more and hopped out of it. I'm kind of use to jumping out a 2 story window by now, The bed of autumn flowers makes it not hurt as much. The crisp autumn air stung my cheeks. It was a bit windy today, but not bad. It was a good choice to wear a sweater. I stood up and regained my balance, jogging over to Liam. "Ready?"