Chapter 2

Chapter 2

-------------------------

Lausanguis Castle, Undisclosed location, Sarah

-------------------------

Sarah couldn't remember when and where she had woken up, but she knew why she had woken up. Pain radiated through her body, like every bone had been broken, and her muscles ached from the wounds and bruises that had been inflicted upon her. Her wrists were chaffed from being chained to a wall, and she felt as if she was going to suffocate from the lack of air in the small dirty brick chamber she was enclosed in,. Despite all the pain, though, she almost felt stronger. But she was too scared to realize her new strength.

She tried to pull on the chains, to break her bondage, to free herself, but that only resulted in chaffing her wrists more. She then screamed for help in the silence around her , for hours and hours, but stopped, realizing she was just going to loose her voice. She sat in her own, silent, timeless, world.

Finally, heavy shuffling footsteps broke the silence. A brick popped out of the wall and food was placed into her cell. Sarah hadn't realized how hungry she was until the smell of roast turkey hit her nose. She scrambled over to the food and ate it greedily. Before she took her second bite of food, she was unconscious.

She woke up what felt seconds later to her, still chained to the wall, still hopeless, still living the nightmare.

This happened for five meals until one time when she awoke, her side felt tingly. Sarah lifted up her shirt and saw there were deep cuts with stitches across her abdomen. She watched with a grotesque interest when she noticed the cuts were moving, growing smaller, turning into scars, and then just becoming her normal skin, while the stitching was pushed out of her body. Sarah woozily though before fainting that this strange healing ability was the reason why they held her in bondage, and the reason for bondage was to experiment on her without consent.

-------------------------

Outside the gates of Lausanguis Castle, undisclosed location, Hazazel

--------------------------

The girl had been burned into Hazazel's mind. No matter which way he ran, where he went, she was always watching him at the back of his consciousness. The guilt was so strong that he would have killed himself. If only I could kill myself, he thought , laughing at his ironic joke. The only person that can kill me is the sun. He crawled to the mouth of the cave to see how much longer it would be until it was dark enough to prowl outside.

When it almost dusk, Hazazel stepped out of the cave he had to spend the day in. He not gone a day without hating the goddess who cursed him. On top of inflicting the curse on him, she had made Apollo swear that Hazazel could never see the sun without also tasting one of the sun god's fiery arrows, keeping Hazazel as a creature of the night. Apollo had always been liniment to his promise though, yet he did not like to test the god's patience and incur his fiery rath.

Tonight, Hazazel was going to Lausanguis Castle to try to see if the girl had been taken there by Valkeri, who loved to torture humans. That girl smelled strong and powerful, so there must be a reason why Valkeri kidnapped her, he thought while getting his bearings to the castle. He slicked back his dark hair, and then ran into his friend, the darkness of the night, while he hoped he could save the person he turned his back on.

Author's Note

I'm having a lot of fun writing this! Please let me know what you think below. ;) ~ P

Question of the day:

How do you write your stories? In long chunks, or short chunks?