A taste of you

I am in no way affiliated with the writers, producers or authors of the book series 'The Vampire Diaries' and am aware that the story line of acting Characters from the books and the TV series differs!

Chapter 1

-Mystic Falls; 2013-

"Her" POV

The trees bared, sending leafs off their branches like secret messengers, having the mission to whisper the hidden things to the humans walking the streets and valleys. The cracked tyres of the taxi snapped loudly, being forced to move across cracky cobbles and the draining sound of the creaking earth let discomfort well up inside me. Pale moonlight flickered across the dusty streets of the oh so well known town and conferred it on that familiarly mysterious gleam. The car stopped abruptly and the motor made a noise which was particularly similar to that, which is caused when a whale is dying. I flit across the car, hit my forehead at the passenger seat's headrest and groaned in pain. It was this kind of glaringly sizzling pain that will shoot through one's head to bounce from temple to temple like a background noise humming constantly. I pressed my flat palm to my right temple and pulled a few dollar bills out of my pocket. I was surely not able to recognise the place name sign but I knew I was at my destination. The town, it's population at its secrets generated an aura of silver bliss that seemed to float in the air around me like transparent dust particles that appear by the sun's touch. I turned to face the door and wanted to open it just as the driver faces me for the very first time.

"Miss..."

A faint frown settled across my expressions as I tilted my head in both confusion and curiosity. The moon light fell upon the driver's finely chiselled features and let a pair of almost black orbs glisten dangerously.

"Beware of the creatures wreaking havoc the town.."

His eyebrows arched to form small lines of determination which turned to crease his entire expressions in fear and seriousness, the words barrelling from his lips to be the last warning I would receive. I nodded silently before batting ebony lashes goodbye.

It was cold and misty, freezing air crept along my body to crawl into my clothes and soak them wet immediately. It was one of those nights where the creatures, darting around the town in order to never be found, revealed within all their cruelty. Heavy clouds covered the sky and only through a small hole which the wind pulled open, the moon was able to peek through.

Wrapping my clothes tighter around flushed arms and torso I began to walk.

The darkness and it's friend had settled in immensely this night, turned trees, houses and innocent garden fences into stunted and crippled creatures of the night which observed sharply what the shadows were hiding.I knew where my path would take me, I knew exactly where I was going, no matter of the night blurred the lines between the real and the imagination. The night is the most dangerous time to be alone or alive, I believe, and every day the dark strikes forward unstoppably, and it grows darker time to time, every living being should shut down, hide and leave their habitat to the undead. And for a little time, the night would extend inwardly, creep inside of my body and fill it up with the glittering stars dark hands had collected. And suddenly the night became small enough to roll back and forth inside me, the only noise dancing along the wind's whines was my breath. I've been told that the fallen night was able to read the secrets I held but I've always been possessed with the night's secrets when they turned to settle down inside my mind.

So I let my gaze wander, flicker across the deserted area, and it was my kind of reading what was coded to those who cherish the glaring daylight. The night didn't rise for sleeping and it never has. Sleeping was that kind of careless state that I wasn't able to afford or curious to experience. Nights gave the broken thoughts of mine the opportunity to wander, drift and completely set free. Thoughts, I believe, aren't subordinated to the body or the organ they come into being from. Thoughts are able to extend and live on, not by thinking, but by letting go of the same to enable them to run free on their very own. It was a weird kind of separation which I carried out at night, but it was necessary to me, to let my mind live in a state that didn't depend on the fragile opinion, and perspectives I was bound to.