Chapter 3

Chapter three

“Anonymous”
-Bobby Valentino

[Angelina’s POV]

Everyday Ella and I had the same routine. Wake up, get ready, go to our classes and then wind down at the uni bar while we listened to the open mic singers... and everyday I’d listen to The Lyricals and pretend as though the lead singers voice didn’t give me goosebumps up my arms. I wasn’t sure... but I may be going mad when I think that the lead singer was looking for me after they sing on stage. He would quickly walk through the crowd and head in our direction and because of this I made it a point to leave just as soon as they finished.

It was Friday and our first week at university was over. I was already under a pile of study notes and I couldn’t imagine how much more there would be by the time mid terms came around. “So, overall, how do you think your first week went, Angel?” Ella asked. Ella had begun calling me Angel after our third day together, saying that ‘Angelina’ was just too long to say, especially when she talks so fast. I took to it straight away, it felt like a break from the stuffy up bringing I had.

“Good, good. I mean, I’m already swamped with so much to study but it should be fine. I’m used to keeping my head down and keeping my nose in the books” I answered with a shrug of my shoulders while rubbing my temples. “Though I have to say, my brain feels like it’s about to explode”

“Uni bar?”

Ella smirked at me and I returned it. She had begun to realise I was trying to avoid something, or someone, and she’d been bringing me down earlier than our normal time to the uni bar just in case I ran into it... or him. “You’re planning something” I narrowed my eyes, though I kept my smile in place.

She blinked and her eyes widened into an innocent expression. “I’m not planning anything. You’re too suspicious, Angel”

“Right... well, we might as well go. I could do with something to eat”

We walked slowly down to the uni bar, this time taking the longer route by the manmade lake in the centre of the university campus and I stretched my arms above my head taking in a deep breath. It felt so good to live outside of home, not that I didn’t appreciate my parents or what they’ve done for me, it was just so freeing out here.

Thinking of my parents and home I groaned when I remembered I had to go back to visit them for Uncle Frederick’s birthday dinner. I smile. I loved Uncle Frederick though, he was the most open minded in the family and I felt the most connected with him. He was also a lawyer, of course, but unlike my parents he enjoyed other things besides winning lawsuits, making money and looking ‘proper’ in society.

Ella and I reached the uni bar and I decided to stay just long enough to see The Lyricals sing and then I’d go back to my dorm to pack an overnight bag, study and then go to bed early.

[Eric’s POV]

“Good practice boys” I called out shutting the door of the studio behind me. “Oh, by the way, Bill from the uni bar wanted to have a chat with us before we went on stage today”

Adam, the tallest of all four of us, turned around and dragged his hand through his brown hair making it look even messier than it normally was. “What did he want to talk about?” He asked curiously.

“No idea... he just caught up with me earlier and asked for us to meet him at the bar”

Beau, who was tying his wavy, black hair back up into a ponytail spoke next. “Sounds interesting. Hopefully we can chat over a plate of fries. I’m starving man”