Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

BOV

I drove home and parked my car in the driveway. Charlie wasn't home from work yet so I decided to make some dinner. I made a stir fry with rice and mince, and ate mine then put his in the fridge for when he returns later from work. I washed my dishes then dried them and put them back.

I wasn't tired, and Charlie wasn't back from work so far so I decided I would go for a fly. I had wanted to go for one ever since I first walked into school. I walked out to the back yard, closing the door behind me.

I breathed in deeply and let the cool air relax me. I looked up into the night sky, it was dark now and the stars were out. It was beautiful. You never get to see the stars in Phoenix. Only another reason to stay here. I looked round, no one would see me here, we were surrounded by trees.

I transformed, the tingly sensation going throughout​ my body. I burst into a griffin and punched off from the ground. I flapped my wings and flew into the sky. I looked down at Forks below me. Some lights were on and with my vision, I could see a few people walking below.

I flew over Port Angeles and made a mental note to go and pick up some books and some clothing. I flew back over Forks to La Push. The moon was up and I could see the waves on the ocean, reflected from the moon light. I started to fly back to Forks, when something in the forest caught my eye. From up here, I could see a fare distance. A creature, which had brown russet coloured fur, and it looked to be as high as a horse.

It was running, and fast. I hovered in the air, watching it. It seemed to be running in a circle. Why would a wolf run in a circle? I started to fly back to Forks, just thinking that it was a crazy wolf, when another figure caught my eye. It was a white speck, among the green of the forest.

It was moving fast, and if I didnt have my improved vision, I wouldn't be able to see it. It was running through the forest and I followed it with my eyes. It came to a stop at the old mansion. What is it? What is it doing at the mansion? Is it a human or something?

The mansion had lights on, and as I flew closer, I could hear people walking around and talking. So it was just a person running at a supernatural speed? Confused, I took of back home. I landed in the back yard and quickly changed back into my human form. I walked in through the back door. "Bella!" I heard Charlie yell and in a second, he was in my vision, hugging me as if he had only just seen me for the first time in his life.

"Dad?" I asked. "Where were you? You were gone when I was home, I thought someone had kidnaped you" he said. "Calm down, dad, I was just walking into the forest" I said calmly. "The forest?! What were you doing in the forest?" he asked. "I was walking, calm down dad, I'm alright, nothing happened" I tried to comfort him. "I don't want you going out in the woods at all​ anymore from now on OK? We had more sightings of those wolves today" he said.

Is that the same wolf I saw a little bit ago? Also, I can stand up for myself, I'm not weak. Griffins are very powerful creatures."OK dad, I won't go in the forest anymore" I said, not meaning it.I can look after myself and I need to go flying or I get restless and angry. And that's not good. I'll just have to fly when he's not around or when he is sleeping. Damn. That's going to be hard.

It would be easier if he knew what I was. Should I tell him? How would he react? I'm not exactly what a human would call normal. Maybe I should just keep it to myself, not tell him. "Good, I was just worried something happened to you, I come home and you're not here" he said.

"Don't worry so much dad, by the way, did you eat dinner?" I asked. "No" he said. "Oh, good. I made you some dinner, it's in the fridge, you just have to heat it up in the microwave" I said "Thanks Bells, you didn't have to make dinner you know" he said.

"I know I didn't have to. But you are never going near he kitchen as long as I'm here. I'm surprised you're still alive with all the steak and take-outs you've been eating" I said. "I'm going to go to bed now, just take the wrap off the plate and put it in the microwave for two minutes" I instructed. "K, thanks honey" he said. "Night" I said. "Night Bella" he replied.

I walked upstairs, took a quick shower an got into some old ratty sweats and a holey t-shirt. I got under the duvet and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning, my hair all over my face, my feet were tangled in my blanket which was half on, half off the bed. It looked like I had wrestled something while sleeping.

Maybe I did. I thought back to my dream. Hmm. I only remember something about a squirrel and it's nut. Man, my imagination is wild. I disentangled myself from my feet and took a quick shower, washing the sweat off my body from wrestling a squirrel in my sleep.

I got dressed then walked downstairs. "Morning Bella" Charlie said as I walked into the kitchen. "Morning dad, aren't you supposed to be at work today?" I asked. "No, I got a day off, thought I might go do some fishing, then when you get back from school we could maybe do something together?" he asked hesitantly.

"Sure dad, that's sound great!" I said enthusiastically. I need to spend some time with my dad. Build up a good relationship again. Maybe one day, I could tell him that I am a griffin. Without him freaking out and having a heart attack. Speaking of heart attacks, I should cook some healthy food for him. Lord knows he's only eaten steak for the past eighteen years.

"Cool, anyway, I'm going down to La Push now, do you want to come down after school finishes? Remember Billy and his son Jacob? You guys were great friends when you were younger, they invited us to dinner. They missed seeing you around here" Charlie said.

"Sure dad, that sounds fun, and yes, I can remember them, I missed them too, say hi to them and I'll see you guys and them after school is let out OK?" I asked. Sounds like I'll be busy today. Cool. "See ya dad" I said as he walked out the door. I heard his cruiser pull out of the driveway and I finished eating my bowl of cereal. I put it in the sink then grabbed the keys to my truck and locked up the house.

I got into my truck and started driving to school.