14: The Beach House

If you haven't read about my TOP SECRET news then the link is in the sidebar :) it's all very exciting and you'll be hearing more soon today!

About that Christmas story... yeah... That'll be up VERY SOON! :D

Don't forget, click on that 'Watty Awards' tab up the top... Vote for The Kissing Booth, maybe please? In Most Popular and Teen Fiction xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

My first kiss had been with Noah, at the kissing booth. He’d tasted of spearmint and cotton candy, and I’d been totally lost because I’d never kissed a guy before. And sure, I’d got in a lot of practice since then, but Noah was still the only guy I’d ever kissed.

            Lee tasted like beer and marshmallows.

            It was a weird combination. Not necessarily bad, I guess, since I knew I probably tasted like beer too, but it was strange nonetheless.

            And it just felt wrong.

            Like, with Noah, there were fireworks. He made my heart pound faster.

            And more than one person had pointed out to me that how did I know they were fireworks, that there was some special spark there? I’d never kissed any other guy to compare it to.

            This just wasn’t right though. Maybe just because it was Lee. But I knew the kiss didn’t give me the same thrill as Noah.

            My eyes weren’t properly shut, and I opened my left eye wider. I didn’t know why, I just did.

            And Lee’s eyes were open to. He waggled his eyebrow at me, which made me laugh – and I bit his lip. Accidentally, of course. But still.

            “Ow!” he exclaimed, pulling away. “Shelly!”

            “You made me laugh!” I said defensively. “It’s your fault!”

            So he tackled me, pinning me down in the sand. He sat on my legs, pinned my arms over my head.

            “Get off!” I told him, trying to thrash around and get him off me. “You’re too heavy!”

            “Payback!”

            “Lee!”

            “Elle!” he mimicked in a falsetto voice that sounded nothing like me. I frowned, but stopped wriggling, since I was getting nowhere, and Lee bent down so his mouth was right beside my ear. He was that close that when he spoke, I could feel his lips tickle my cheek.

            “Was it just me or was that totally weird?”

            I let out a breath of laughter, and I suddenly felt a whole lot lighter. Relieved. I was just so, so relieved that he thought so too. That he didn’t think there was anything to the kiss other than weirdness. It was difficult to explain, really, why I was so relieved; I just was.

            “Not just you,” I whispered back, smiling.

            He laughed a little, sounding just as relieved as me.

            “Lee.”

            “Mm-hmm?”

            “You’re kind of crushing me.”