TPO Chapter 11: Catch the Bait

Photo of Gabby and Jack at the right

If you want to create banners for me, just post a message on my wall. I'll put them on the next chapters. Thanks a lot!

Chapter 11

LUCAS

I wasn’t surprised with her reaction. I was expecting this from the moment I thought of this brilliant idea.

“Yes! You heard me right. You’ll going to tutor me in exchange of, me visiting Cahli—Caleb, I mean.”

Confusion was all over her eyes. It was priceless. No words could define the expression painted on her face. I prevented to burst out in laughter. I needed to act seriously, I didn’t want to do this but I was left with no choice. Ty let me down. He chose a girl over me.

“So, what you say?” I asked her, looking directly into her eyes, avoiding myself not to laugh. This was, indeed, a serious matter.

“Capital N-O! NO!”

And now, she pissed me by imitating what I said last time.

“Noooo?!”

“Yes! It’s a BIG No!”

“Oh-kay. Just explain to Caleb that I wanted to visit him but you DIDN’T agree.”

Well, I was also expecting this response from her all along, yet, I wanted to try my chance. She would be the best person for this job.

Through my research, I had found out that she was a straight A student, though I never thought of her as one. I got the biggest fish on my hook and I would do all my best for her to catch my bait.

I swayed my head away from Gabriella and focused my stares in front. I perfectly knew she wouldn’t be cool about my proposal but still, I could feel something good would happen. I trusted my instinct that much.

“Hey.” she called me, but I pretended that I didn’t hear her.

“Lucas.”

“Lucas!”

“LUCAAAS!”

“Yeah? Calling me?”

“Are you deaf?”

“I’m not. So, what is it? You’re annoying me.”

“Uhm, I call.”

“Call what?”

“Your deal. I tutor you, you visit Caleb. Remember?”

“For real? Don’t make me look bad, I’m just concerned with Cahli—Caleb.”

“Yes.”

“Can’t hear you?”

“YES.”

“Say please.”

“NO, that will never EVER happen.”

“NO visiting.”

“Then, NO tutoring.”

“Ohhhhh. Are you threatening me?”

“Why? Are you threatened?”

“Me? Threatened to a girl LIKE you? Nah! You know, I can always ask other students.”

“Then, ask them.”

“Will do. Thanks. . . But here’s the catch, you can go around the world, to any continent you want, but you CAN NEVER find another me, another Lucas to substitute for myself. Think of that, Siegfried.”