Chapter 8

"I'm sorry," Dean says, surprised at her outburst as he looks at the corner of the room in alarm, "You saw a what?"

"I see a Blibbering Humdinger," Luna clarified to the Winchester brothers, "There's a faint little shadow of his on the floor, that's how you can spot it. It's not easy to see if you don't know about them. Their invisible."

Sam looks at the corner of the room and back at Luna. Of course, Dean had to attract the crazy ones, didn't he? Although, it's not like any of the woman in his life ever ended in rainbows and unicorns. Dean didn't think of her in a way like that, did he? They got enough on their plate, yet here Dean comes bringing another woman in there life.

Sam didn't want to get his hopes up, after all, everyone the brothers meet always seemed to turn up dead.

It was the Winchester curse.

*

Dean get up from his chair and to the corner of the room and started to feel around, his arms spread out. Giggling at the Winchesters funny frankenstein walk, Luna shakes her head. "You scared him off already!" The Brit claimed, looking at Dean as though he was the crazy one, "They are very shy creatures, you can't expect them to trust you at first glance! You got to earn trust."

Immediately stopping, Dean drops his arms at the sudden realization of his pose, not helping but to get angry. Had the blond haired girl claimed to see something just to laugh at him? "Trust my ass," Dean responds quietly to himself, clinching his fingers into his palms, his eye twitching. Walked back to the table to sit down once again, he startle Sam out of his thoughts at the movement.

"You good, Dean," Sam asked his brother noticing his stiff figure and curled fist.

"Super."

"You don't look-"

"I'm great blonde," Dean interrupts the blue eyed girl, forgetting her name in anger.

"It's Luna."

"More like Looney," Sam muttered to himself, opening his bag and grabbing his computer.

Looking curiously at the muggle electronic, she wondered if she should ask the question on her mind. "What are you doing?" Luna wonders, erasing her mind of the unanswered question, that most likely raise questions in the brothers heads.

"Trying to find the fastest way to get to the hospital," Sam replies, typing away at his computer.

Perking up at his answer, he turns to his brother wide eyed. "But," Dean started, yet had nothing to finish his sentence. He though that would have at least one more day to make up a excuse as to why the brothers should stay. At the current moment he had nothing except to blurt out the first thing that came to mind. "What about Blonde? Where would she stay?"

"I have a apartment," Luna informs him, sitting on the king sized bed swinging her legs, "Don't know where it is, but I do have one."

Waving his hand towards the Brit, Sam waits for his brother to find another reason to avoid the elephant in the room. "Fine," Dean huffed, crossing his arms, "If I find one clue to this case, will you agree to say here for at least a few more days?"

"What case?"

"Mind your business, little lady," Dean said, crossing his arms, yet still making eye contact with the other Winchester sibling.

Looking into his brothers green eyes, he sighs. "Fine," he gave into his brothers pleading look that confused his slightly. This was a fake case right? Of course it was, there was no evidence of any paranormal events taking place in the town. But than again, why was he so eager to stay?

Did Dean want the end of the world to happen?

Of course not...

*

"That looks familiar," Luna says, pointing at a road sign from the back seat of the black Impala that Dean cherished more than life. "Never mind, that's new. Wait, I think we may have passed it."

Groaning from the drivers seat, Sam rubs his nose. Having retraced her steps to the bar, Luna had lost track of where she had came from in one of the largest cities in America. Great.

"Right there!"

"Sweet mother of god," Dean mumbled, "Thank you."

Jumping out of the car before it managed to fully park, the Brit waved them a farewell, slamming the car door.

Getting nods in return, Luna looks at the metal door in front of her. Muttering the spell once again, her wand out, the wooden door shines proudly in front of her before she enters her apartment for the second time.

"Holy hell," Dean says as they watch the blonde go into her apartment, "You saw that too, right?"

796 words