The Inevitable

How would you describe your life...? Normal, tedious, ordinary...  Well up until the day I met Kasen my life was exactly that.

I had the life of a normal 17 year old, school, parties, friends and endless amounts of admirers. Life was pretty good...boring and monotone but I was in no position to complain. I had no interesting stories to tell about my life and I liked it that way. My family were the average run of the mill upper-class family. My dad owned his father’s company in the city which meant he was away on work a lot. We lived a few miles from the city so he had to commute regularly and never at appropriate times of the day, which meant that my brother and I didn’t get to see him all that often. He earned a high salary that kept us going and kept us looking pristine to the outer world. My mum stayed at home and looked after the house, she was the person keeping up all appearances and she enjoyed life like that. She had her ideal life. It had all been mapped out for her since she was a girl. My grandma and grandfather were social aristocrats, they had the huge manor house in the country, they had servants and all the butlers any family could ever wish for and that was what my mum was working her way towards. My grandmother owned the house to herself, my grandfather passed away a few years previously. It was a hard time for the family, but it was a long time ago, they eventually grieved and moved on in the sort of way that you have to when a loved one dies, they made peace with what happened and carried on with their lives.

 We owned a huge house in the suburbs of the city which meant we were close enough to anything important. The house it’s self was 3 stories in total the ground floor consisted of the main reception room which was only used when guests arrived. The living room which was the place for general gathering...for family, the kitchen and a den. On the second floor were my mum’s and dad’s bedroom and my brother’s bedroom each with their own separate on suit, and a games room that also belonged to my brother. A way of keeping him out of trouble and keep him quiet I assumed, all the good that did. The third floor was entirely my domain. I had my bedroom, a bathroom and a study area. It was my sanctuary away from the perfect life that consisted in the rest of the house. The place I could escape and do as I pleased.

My room was decorated in a light blue and white wallpaper that was very French boudoir styled and the rest of the room was white with matching white furniture. The study was also decorated in blue but a deeper more royal shade. Pasted all over the walls were pictures of me and my friends, my family and school memorabilia. I was part of the cheerleading squad at college and I had to show my cheer spirit somehow.

 My mother was due to inherit grandmother’s house as soon as she passed away.  Even though I know I should have been upset about the thought of my grandmother passing away I could do nothing but imagine us living there in the country nowhere to go, nothing to do everything we know left behind for only a memory. I was never very close to my grandmother, she never saw me as the perfect granddaughter, I never dressed correctly and I never held up to my responsibilities.