Chapter 12-

Chapter 12-

Previously In Scarlet's Whisper:

While Scarlet is off visiting her dear aunt Chelsea for the weekend, Annie attempts to hide her pain from Nathan after hearing of his plans to sue for sole custody with Tara, over Scarlet. Nathan in the midst of bribing her with her favorite food, spaghetti and meatballs, kisses her with such passion that in pushes Annie into a flashback. Within the flashback Annie and Nathan, start off walking to Annie's home to have sex. However plans seems to change when they find Annie's father is home, so their plans change. Nathan and Annie's father bond over their car obsession and her fathers 65 Comet. After the car talk is finished, the pair bond over their lack of wanting something serious and not wanting kids. Annie is very adamant on explaining that although she is with Derrick, and he wants something long term, she isn't looking for the same. Annie's father falls asleep in the room on the opposite end of the house, and her brother has left for his ROTC performance. After Annie admits of their alone time, the pair go at it and find after Nathan finishes that the condom has slipped off and he finished inside her. Annie frantically in her head gets scared and is afraid of getting pregnant. After coming out of the flashback, you find Annie and Nathan asleep on the floor after finishing having sex, again without a condom. Annie's worries continue to frighten her chances of being pregnant again, up until Chelsea brings Scarlet home with a fever.

EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER ELEVEN:

I walked downstairs and Nathan was sitting at the table on the phone. He turned and saw me “Hey... Joe, I gotta go, bye” He hurried to hang up then smiled at me “Work! You hungry?”

I started feeling the anger boil in me. I knew I was going to blow. “Nathan! I fucking hate you. You are a god-forsaken waste of space on earth and I have no idea why I wasted 7 years of my life with you. You are an idiot for thinking I am stupid. I heard you talking to Tara earlier. All about your little plan to get full custody of Scarlet. You better get a good lawyer but even then there is no way I will allow you to get primary care custody of MY daughter. She is mine and I have always done nothing but take the best care of her! You walked out on her. You left!”

Nathan was dumbfounded. His face was filled with fear and confusion. “You will always have her I just don't think you are emotionally capable to take care of her. I mean you abused her, you called her in for a ditch day and you keep having these emotional lashing outs at me. This can't be stable for her.”

“I think you need to shut the hell up, you fucking prick! There is nothing wrong with me, but you!” I screamed. “And I can't believe you didn't wear a condom. What are you going to do if I get pregnant again? How will you support 2 kids and your new money grubbing lover”

“I'll pay for an abortion. Like I would have done the first time if you told me before”

“That is MY daughter! I wanted her from day one” I screamed. Without knowing what was right or wrong, my hand whipped out from my side and slapped Nathans right cheek, leaving a bright red mark. “Good luck NOT hearing me bring that up in court. Get out, and you are NOT seeing my daughter until a court order is in place for visits. Leave asshole, LEAVE!”

Start of Chapter 12-

I stare at the front door of where the father of my daughter exited not fifteen minutes ago. Tears streamed down my face, I was astonished to have said all the things I said, to have smacked him so hard, to let all my anger boil and overflow. I made a mistake after bottling up my anger when I first heard him talking with Tara. But I was determined to never make the mistake of letting myself get hurt again. I knew in my heart that hurting myself, hurt my daughter.