Chapter 42 Two Dates

Tai

Tommy is right. I need to just talk to Master Ken, get it out in the open. He either feels the same or he doesn't. Ignoring the topic isn't going to change that. And if he doesn't, I can still be his sub until he's ready to move on. I could handle that.

I feel myself frown. I don't know. Look what happened to Ashton. I still think Master Gideon had...or has, strong feelings for Ash. Sometimes it's all about timing and I've heard that Master Gideon works like all the time, so maybe after the shock of it, Ashton will realize it's for the best.

Okay Tai. Admit it to yourself. That was stupid. He loves him, and now he's spiraling out of control, or at least out of the control Ashton's always had for himself.

Ugh. Sometimes I just want my brain to shut up. The inner dialogue gets out of hand. Dude you need to chill out. You're just trying to put off going out into the main room because Master Ken might be here.

After putting some last touches on my hair I put just a tiny bit of black eye liner on. It's not often one gets the mirror to oneself in the sub's locker room. A bunch of subs were here earlier and already went out on the floor. Now there's a quiet lull.

I put away the liner and look at myself in the mirror.

Perfection.

"Babe you are dead sexy!" I say out loud in a Scottish accent.

"Hashtag randommm," I say in a sing song voice. "Dude, you're going nuts," I add.

I hear Payton chuckling as he walks out of the showers.

"I know you're not laughing at me," I call out.

"Never!" he quickly assures me and I chuckle.

Okay. Time to leave the safety of the nest. Put on your big boy shoes and march out there. I stare at the mirror a little longer and give myself a pep talk.

Act normal. Just like any other time I've been with him. I'm his sub, nothing else. He's teaching me about shibari and I'm helping him while he teaches the art to other Doms. It's a business arrangement of sorts. A contract. Three months and then he'll either sign me on again or I become a free agent. No commitment, no feelings.

I suck a mouthful of air in and let it out slowly. Deep breaths. I take in three more before turning towards the door.

You can do this. Just act normal.

Well, as normal as I can. I get some leeway for being as fabulous as I am.

I glance back at the mirror and grin. "You still got it Tai," I say out loud.