Chapter 6//: Going for a swim

[E D I T E D]

♕✿~♕✿~Chapter 6//: Going for a swim♕✿~♕✿~

I was told to wait in a chair after my interview. A girl in front of me was getting red highlights in her brown hair. Based on how she was creating a small whirlwind in her hand, she was of House Laris.

"Hey, Madison!" A voice calls out to me over the chatters of everyone else. I look up and see Rose walking towards me, in a dress similar to mine. I smile at her as she carelessly walks on the interviewer's feet, making him let out a painful grunt and stare daggers at Rose. This girl reminded me of Macy, which was a good thing in my opinion.

After about half an hour of just sitting and talking to Rose, we are told that the prince is training (for whatever) and that we would get a tour of the palace while we waited for him. They let us go to our rooms to change and, I swear, my jaw dropped when I saw my new room.

It is enormous, with a baby pink desk placed in the corner, several dressers placed along the wall, a large walk-in closet filled with dresses, and a queen-sized bed smacked in the middle. It has red sheets and black pillows, which I recognized to be the colors of House Calore. In one corner of the room, there's also a beautiful piano and a viola case next to it. I smile at the instruments in fondness. Maybe I could play on the instruments later.

There's even a floor-to-ceiling set of glass doors, and I realize with happiness that it leads to a balcony facing the maze of trimmed bushes known as the outdoor garden.

A flurry of movement in the corner of my eyes makes me glance at the doorway, where I see three maids bowing to me. I quickly tell them that they don't need to bow to me. They have small smiles, which grow bigger as they confirm that I am a Red by looking at my olive skin. It was easy to differentiate a person from Silver and Red because most Silvers had pale skin from the silver blood coursing through their veins.

"We're Reds too! It's nice to have Reds in The Choosing now," one tells me. She gets a smack on the arm from another. I let out a small laugh.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Madison, though friends call me Madi. Who are you guys?" I ask them.

"I'm Samantha, though I go by Sam," the one in the middle said. "This is Lacy." Sam points to the one who got smacked. "And this is Tiffany." Sam points to the one on the right. They all smile at me.

"Well, nice to meet you all," I say. I wait for them to leave so that I can change, but they stay put. I clear my throat.

"Um, you can go now. I'll just change and then go on the tour," I tell them. They look sad, but leave me alone without further questions. I grab my suitcase, which is by the closet, and grab my white t-shirt and worn out jeans from inside. I put on some plain, white tennis shoes and tie my hair in a ponytail. I nod to myself in the reflection and exit my room. I walk down the hall, looking around me as I do so. There are family portraits of the royals and decorative tables with vases on top. I come to a stop in front of one portrait, looking at the royal family in slight interest.

The king stands tall and proud while the Queen sits in a chair by him, her hands politely folded in her laps and the air of grace present around her even in a painting. The princess has an annoyed look in her eyes and I laugh softly at the sight. I'm guessing she must've had to stand up for a long time for them to paint this picture. She has her hair inherited from her mother, with neat red hair. Her eyes, a light red-gold color, are from her father. I finally look to the right of the king, seeing him.

Prince Ahren. He and his father have the same dark hair, the same muscled build, the same outfit, a legion's outfit with medals decorating it. I doubt he earned any of those medals. I'm just lucky that the war between the Lakelands and Norta ended a couple of years ago when I was 12. His eyes, stormy grey, are from his mother, which is the only similarity between him and his mother.