How does God see me in his eyes? It's okay to be gay.

What is the definition of love? To love is to feel a passionate affection toward another human being. Do you choose the person you fall in love with? No. You have no power over who you fall for. Your heart chooses for you. All though, sometimes our heart chooses someone so incredibly wrong for us. But still, we have no control.

So why is it, that when man falls in love with another man, he is punished? He is a human being, like you and me. He has a heart, like you and me. He also has no control, what's so ever, over who he falls in love with, just like you and me. It's okay for a man and a woman to love each other, but when a man and a man, or two females love one another they're children of Satan. I thought we were all God's children?

Don't get me wrong, my beliefs include no higher power; but when children of God tell me I'm going to hell because I like the same gender, give me one good reason why I shouldn't protest? Why does one waste so much time trying to change another human being? I am a proud lesbian female and absolutely no one in the world could ever change that. Even if God came to me himself and told me I'm going to hell for liking the same gender, it would not change the fact that I'm gay.

Those of you who believe being attracted to the same gender is a sin, why do you even bother? For so many years they've brainwashed you with that bullshit, getting you to believe man who loves man is a terrible thing. I would like to speak on behalf of myself, and every gay human being out there. All we want is acceptence, and you treat us like we're monsters.

Here's the thing, we're gay, and no matter how hard you try to get rid of us, we're never going anywhere. You try so hard to bring us down. Get us to believe we're creations of the Devil. You treat us like we're dirt... Complete and utter dirt.

Now, like I said before, my beliefs have no higher power, but let me walk in your shoes for a bit. I grew up in a Christian home, and I thought that God saw us all equally? If that were the case, why was the black man slaved, the jew man murdered, and the gay man beaten? Are they not children of God? Black men worship your higher power, just like you do. Jewish men worship your higher power, just like you do. And even the gay man, has the very same God as you. So if they're all children of God, shouldn't they be treated equally with you; instead of like utter dirt?

Now take a moment to walk in my shoes. Imagine you lived in the oppisite of my world. Imagine that it was okay to be gay, and a sin to be straight. Imagine being bullyed so much that you think of suicide. Imagine having people gang up on you, and beat you almost to death just because you were straight? And no matter how hard you tried to be gay, you couldn't. Why? Because you were born straight.

Now look through my eyes. I live in a world where you can marry your first cousin in more states than you can marry the same gender. Every single day children, teenagers, and adults get bullyed and beaten because they like the same gender. Some wish, some even beg to be not gay. Just so they could live in this world and feel excepted. But no matter how hard we try, how much we wish and beg, we will never be straight. Because we were born gay.