Oh Baby, Won't You C*m Again?

/ / O H B A B Y , W O N ' T Y O U C U M A G A I N ? / /

Some time after When The Smoke is in Your Eyes, You Look So Alive.

...

Alternate deleted scene (This didn't happen):

"You've been awfully quiet today," George notes quietly. I glance up from my phone to face him, sprawled against half of the couch. I'm sat with my knees to my chin, my back braced against the armrest. My face heats up, pink with having been caught – what, being quiet?

"I'm...meditating," it sounds like a question and that sparks curiosity in George. He quirks an eyebrow and I look away, trying to focus on the low hum of the television. It's a rare moment that we're home alone with each other since that morning. It seems like ages has passed since then but it couldn't have been any more than a few days.

The three of us, Matty, George, and I, haven't quite talked about it. It's not that we're skirting around it – at least the lads aren't. I've been quite grateful that school and work have occupied my time, but as it is, it's the weekend and Jimmy has given me the day off today. Matty is out at his parents' place and George is supposedly having a lazy day with me.

"What are you meditating on?"

"The rain," I say lightly. I flicker my gaze to the window as if to make a point. It's gray outside and absolutely pouring. I hadn't realized that it's progressed from a slight drizzle but George doesn't need to know that.

"The rain?" George sounds amused. I don't have to look at him to know he's got this ridiculous smirk on his face and lidded eyes casted in my direction. "In truth, I quite love it. People who live here hate it, but it's nice and calming."

"And wet," I supply unhelpfully.

"Indeed," he muses. "Who'd have thought?"

Thunder rumbles loudly even past the barrier of our glass windows. I can't imagine how loud it must be outside. I frown when the TV is cut and there's no more white noise between George and I. I turn my head and give him a look, "Why'd you turn it off?"

He blinks, "I didn't. Shit," his eyes widen and he comes to the realization, "Black out." I get up from the couch, George following, "I'll go check the fuse, you get the candles, yeah?" I nod and brush past him searching for candles in Matty's room. In a matter of minutes we're sat in our original positions, only now surrounded by dozens of red and white candles.

"Smells like jasmine flowers," he notes. "And cinnamon?" It's quiet for a beat before he says; "You used this for sex, didn't you?"

I don't answer but it obviously gives him his answer. It's not that I light candles every time I'm in the mood, it's more so that I like doing these extravagant things for Matty when we know it'll be some time before we see each other again, sometimes its lingerie I would never pick out if I didn't have someone to impress, or an oil massage because why not, or its playing with a ridiculous toy or pop an expensive bottle of wine...or it's lighting a dozen candles –

"Will be home a little late – traffic is crazy, love you."­ I read the text message Matty sends me, only idly wondering why the voice in my head sounds like George until I realize he's reading his own text from Matty out loud.

"On one hand, I'm a little offended he didn't personalize the text, but on the other hand I'm a little worried he's texting and driving," I tell George.

George calls him on speakerphone, he answers within a ring. The rain is hitting against the car audibly, but his voice is clear when he says, "Mate, it's fucking crazy out here, I hate it."