Improving the angel

Hey darling's, this is my first ever story on wattpad. I have attempted this before but never finished anything I started, so I have decided to try again and actually finish it. This is what I have written so far and I would love feedback on what you all think. I am open to ideas as well, so if you want you may message me. Cheers xxxx :) I have also uploaded a picture that Ivy could look like ... the way I picture her is similar to this and she hasn't shown her messed up and rebellious side yet but she will! I take my hat off to the photographer of the photo I used for the cover, I couldn't see any copyright, but I'll acknowledge them anyway xxx

************************************************************************************************************

People come into the world, they grow old and then they die. I’m not a believer of true contentment because bad things always follow through with the good and that’s just the world we live in.

 I thought I could just smile and stride my way through it. I figured pretending like this was all a bad dream would help me cope. But, today I had a plan, I would continue to be like a broken record stuck on I’m fine. No more tragedy theatre; no more tear stains; no more evidence of the broken girl that once was. Even though I will never forget – I need to let go of what used to be. And now this is my reality.

I could feel my eyes burning as I blinked them open, my muscles were aching and my mind was empty. I looked around my room at the usual state that it was enveloped in and sighed. My head was still pounding with a headache that has been lingering since last night’s break down; and my face felt hot and sore from the purple patches that covered my skin. I sat up in fright when I heard a piercing scream travel up the hallway and under my bedroom door. Savannah was seven years old, yet very misunderstood and when her screams were heard, they were almost never acknowledged. My body felt so fragile when my feet touched the coldness of the tiles beneath me. Shivers began to dance up my spine as I shuddered along with them. I found feeling in my legs and stood unsteadily as my body trembled with weakness. My sister. I franticly stumbled down the hallway to Savannah’s room as I passed all of the rooms that no longer contained the rest of my family. When I reached the room I was looking for it was ajar and I could hear her sobbing; and screaming for her mother into the pillow that was curled up in her lap. I tiptoed across the coolness of the tiles and sat in behind her, with my legs wrapped around her petite little body. She rested her head against my chest and we stayed like that for a very long time. Her red wavy hair stuck to her forehead from the beads of sweat that still remained and her pale skin felt of ice. It was not quite ideal for such an innocent child. No little girl or boy for that matter should have gone through what my family has gone through. It wasn’t fair.  I gently rocked her body back and forth, whispering to her that I was there.  I soothed her until she looked up at me and gave me the faintest of a smile. Then she heaved out a sigh. “I miss her Ivy, please just – tell me how I can make this all go away” tears shined in her round darkening eyes, that reflected off the light within the room. Her voice was barely a squeak which caused me to bend in closer to her, as I kept opening my mouth to say something but then closing it. I furrowed my eyebrows together as I formed words in my mind that could possibly calm her. Then I spoke.

“Savannah, people come into our lives and then they leave. We can’t prevent it. It’s just how it is. And I wish I could make her come back for you, but sadly I am not that powerful. Think of this as a challenge, strike one has hit and now it’s time for us to swing a homerun” my voice echoed about the room and Savannah was the most quiet she has been in a long time. I brushed her sweaty hair away from her face and kissed her forehead. “Come on, I’ll help you into the bath” I whispered. Savannah dragged her throbbing body out of her bed and then made her way to the bathroom without another word. Before I followed her, I grabbed a sun dress from her closet and some underwear. Poor Savannah. When I walked in she was sitting in a heap of warm water and bubbles. I smiled sympathetically and she just bowed her head ignoring my gesture. I laid out her clothes on the basin and left her in peace as I wandered back into her room to begin making her bed. Her room was only very small, and it was filled with artwork and photographs of us; our family; our mother. Her duvet was a light shade of pink that consisted of small fairies surrounded by a heap of stars that swirled from her wand; and her walls were a light shade of yellow. The scent of vanilla filled the air and – I heard water exhausting down the drain of the bathroom, which was when I made that my queue to finish making her bed and leave for my own room.